Goodbye 48 Ainsworth Rise {Susanna}

September 30

"Brooklyn,.."

"Yeah?" She asks as she maneuvers through the gathered totes to me.

"This is really happening."

"Uh, yeah? And I bet the boys are going to be here soon so is everything marked?"

"Yeah, just about."

"Hey are you okay?" My BFF asks, standing in front of me. I nod and smile.

"It just... it feels more real now that the moving window is here," I bounce on my heels, "And I'm super hyped and excited to finally be this close to the wedding, but at the same time I'm freaking out!!"

"What about the rest of us?! We're just as excited for you to be marrying Sherlock Holmes!" We embrace and dance a little bit, "It'll be weird not having as many movie nights-"

"Maybe not as many but I promise that we'll always have our Ladies Nights Out."

"Good, because I'd be upset if we didn't."

"Likewise, Brook." She chuckles and I join in, looking around the packed up, clean flat.

What I won't be able to bring to 221B with me, I have given away or put in storage. John and Rosie got most of the toys and children's books, etcetera. Brooklyn got the loveseat and many of the books I no longer want or need, plus a few other assorted items. Thomas took his share of the food, while Dad took many of the things that needed to be stored. Kitchenware, pictures, etcetera. Missus Hudson got some of the canned food and kitchenware too, plus my coffee table. Everything else was divvied up between other friends, relatives and the Honeycutts.

I look at my chaise and the armchair that Sherlock used most when he visited. Sherlock wouldn't let me lose them, so he let me go around 221B to rearrange so that the flat would accommodate the furniture. The chaise will go in the bedroom and the armchair will go on the other side of the sofa.

I'm hoping to get everything moved today, since I'll be staying with Brooklyn until the wedding. Ziva will stay with her and her cat Loki until we return from our honeymoon. It would be nice to finish up and focus on the wedding and getting unpacked at 221B. Not counting today or the tenth, there's only nine days until the wedding! I blush and smile to myself, feeling butterflies swarm in my stomach.

"Good Morning." Sherlock greets as he and John walk in.

"Good morning," I greet him with a light kiss, "You look happy."

"He hasn't shut up about how close the wedding is all morning." John teases and us ladies chuckle.

Then Brooklyn throws me under the bus too, "Yeah, Susanna didn't sleep a wink last night and couldn't keep still in the cab."

This time Sherlock chuckles lightly, "I'll take it as a good sign that my bride is as excited as I am."

I smile playfully, "Maybe even more than my bridegroom is?"

"Impossible." Sherlock challenges.

Brooklyn and John laugh and from there we start the official moving day. The chaise and armchair are taken to the truck first, followed by my two tall chest bureaus and armoire. My TV and systems are next. Then it's fairly easy to load up the totes and do a final sweep. Zella comes up and once she's satisfied with the condition of the flat, I turn over the keys and she gives me a huge hug before I walk out and leave the flat for the last time. Sherlock links arms with me as we make our way outside together.

I take a taxi with Brooklyn while the boys drive the small truck to Baker Street. Once there the real work begins- having to haul everything up the stairs. But working as a team we manage to get everything up to the living room in an hour.

Brooklyn leaves for work, then John heads to surgery and to drop off the truck, leaving me and Sherlock to start unpacking and arranging. I take a sweeping look around 221B, my soon to be home, and inhale. Sherlock clears his throat, "Shall we begin with the chaise, Love?"

"Yes. The bigger stuff first."

We get on opposite sides of the heavy, high quality vintage chaise and lift. I can see Sherlock's momentary surprise at how easy it is for me but he says nothing and we carry it into his bedroom, setting it under the window by the door. Then we move the chests and armoire in, placing them next to the other window and in between two of his other dressers. Once those are arranged to our liking he carries in the totes and I pull my hair back to start putting stuff away.

Before I can do so, Sherlock comes up behind me and slips his arms around my waist, "It's coming together, Love."

"Isn't it grand?" He brushes a kiss against my ear and jaw, making me blush.

"It's better than grand. It's wonderful."

"Mmm," I turn around to face him and we touch foreheads, "We've almost made it, darling."

"I know. And I'm ever so thankful we have, Susanna."

Thanks for reading!!