The Dominatrix' Message {Susanna}

~Three Days Later~

"Welcome back!" I call to the duo as they come up the stairs from their last case, "In the kitchen!" I add, smiling as I stir a pot of chicken and dumpling soup. It's getting cooler, after all, and I have been working on Sherlock's eating habits. Rosie is in her kiddie chair at the table, picking at a plate of snacks. I turn around to check her and when John comes around the corner she lights up.

"Dada! Dada home!" She babbles, waving her hands as he bends down and kisses her on her cheek.

"Hello, Rosie!" He looks up, "I might have guessed you'd be up to something in the kitchen. Whatcha making?" I turn back around.

"Chicken soup with mixed veggies and dumplings. It'll be ready soon," John walks out with Rosie to get her cleaned up. I sense Sherlock approach from behind and I smile, "Yes you're going to have some, Sherlock."

He pecks me on the cheek and I plant one on his lips. He smirks, "Still endeavoring to increase my appetite, love?"

"Yes, and it's been working. You're looking a lot healthier than you were, darling."

"I admit that I have felt healthier as well." I grin and kiss him again.

"Well, no one ever could resist my cooking." His lips twist into a smile.

"Indeed." He comes in for a kiss as I hear my phone go off in the living room. I pull back and he pouts, so I hand him the spoon.

"I'll be back. Keep stirring it, slowly." I pad to the sofa and pick up my phone. It's a text message, so I open it up.

What is it like to date Sherlock Holmes? You must be quite brainy to keep up with him.

I furrow my brows. IA? Those aren't familiar initials.

Our relationship is none of your business. Who is this? -SM

"Susanna, it's starting to boil!" Sherlock calls. I sigh and walk into the kitchen, phone in hand as another message comes in.

The Dominatrix. The Whiphand. The Woman. I have many names.

"It's done, so we need to turn the stove off and move the pot off the burner to cool." I instruct. Sherlock does so, eyes fixing on my phone.

"Who's texting you?" I hand him my phone.

"I don't know. But she seems to be rather interested in you." He looks through the log and pales as his jaw sets.

"It's her."

"Who, Sherlock?"

"John!" He calls. The doctor reappears with Rosie, looking confused.

"What, Sherlock? Did you burn the soup or yourself?" I snicker a little but quickly stop, seeing that Sherlock has assumed a stiff stance.

"She's back, John."

"Irene Adler, you mean?" Sherlock tosses him my cell phone.

"Yes, and she's texting Susanna."

"And what are we going to do about it?" John inquires.

"Who is Irene Adler?" I pipe up, "Is she an ex girlfriend or another psychopath?"

"Irene was never my girlfriend," Sherlock replies in earnest, "She's a dangerous criminal who is no stranger to making power plays."

"But you liked her didn't you," I translate for him, "If she could get ahold of my number and figure out we are courting then that means she's very intelligent. And you like intelligent, witty people."

Sherlock opens his mouth to reply but his phone goes off, emitting a woman's moan. I feel myself flush red as John butts in, "That is Irene's text alert. She customized that ringtone when she got ahold of his phone several years ago and he hasn't changed it."

"I haven't given her much thought in the past several months and I didn't think to change it," Sherlock explains. Both men look at me, waiting for me to react, "Susanna,.." The light bulb goes off.

"She likes you. That's why she's curious," I muse, "I bet she's a rather alluring woman, in addition to being smart. That's why you liked her."

"I-I..." Sherlock fades off. I sigh.

"Sherlock, I'm not mad that you liked her or even had a few nights. That was in the past. Are you mad that I've had boyfriends before you?"

"No."

"Are you mad that I keep up with some of them as friends only?"

This takes him a minute but he shakes his head, "No."

"Then I'm not upset that you had another woman who caught your eye before me and who you may keep up with. My only concern is the text alert sound." I explain. Sherlock relaxes his shoulders.

"I will change it." I smile.

"Thank you, darling," I inhale, "I'm not going to worry about this Irene Adler right now. The soup is going to chill and it's best hot."

Sherlock smiles and hands me back my phone as I head to the stove and start ladeling out the steamy broth into bowls. I give Sherlock's his first and he accepts it with a gentle kiss, "Thank you for not leaving me over Irene, lover mine."

"Of course, darling mine. Now eat." I direct him to his chair and finish portioning out the soup. My phone beeps again.

Do give Sherlock my love. I'll see you both soon.

Plotting, Miss Adler? -SM

You're perceptive. -IA

Thanks. But if you're wanting a catfight, forget it and back off. -SM

And assertive? No wonder Sherlock's fallen over himself for you. -IA

I save her info and walk to the living room with my bowl of soup. Sherlock had his phone on and is texting Irene, it would appear. He looks over at me on the sofa, "Her ringtone had been changed."

"Thank you."

Please consider leaving a vote or a comment! Thank you!