First Dance

Above is a video of a wedding waltz that I thought suited Sherlock and Susanna almost perfectly. Watch till the end! ;)

At six thirty everyone had gathered to the Painted Hall for the buffet dinner and reception party. Sherlock and Susanna had taken the few hours break before to freshen up, rehearse a bit and make sure their bags were in order for a quick getaway to Niles' private jet and their honeymoon. Susanna had needed to pin her train up for the dance as well. John and Brooklyn were in charge of helping the couple change quickly and make their escape unnoticed.

They made their grand entrance and after a few words of welcome to the rest of the guests who had arrived, Sherlock made sure that their recording of their wedding waltz was in perfect condition. Susanna took a position in the center of the dance floor and then Sherlock started the audio file.

He'd finished composing the waltz shortly after the battle with Jerome Waterston. The experience had exposed emotions in him that he would never have been able to exclude from the melody, and he'd drawn on those emotions to complete the musical masterpiece. It meant even more because Susanna had been able to arrange it so that she could accompany his violin on the piano, making their first dance even more unique and special.

As the recording started he walked towards Susanna, just as they had practiced for two months. Now, performing it to celebrate the commencement of their marriage, he allowed himself to loosen up and relish it fully. He and Susanna were focused entirely on each other and the music.

Every spin and box step swept them around the magnificent hall. Susanna, despite her dress, moved as gracefully as Sherlock knew she would and beamed at him all through the song. At the end, when he lifted her up bridal style in his arms and twirled her around, he added a few more spins for a flourish and then dropped down to one knee, with her sitting elegantly on it. They kissed and then she hugged him warmly as they were applauded, "That was amazing, Sherlock."

"I know." He kissed her cheeks and then they stood up to bow and curtsey. Following their waltz, Susanna shared a dance to "My Wish" by Rascall Flatts with Niles and George. Sherlock danced with Violet and then the party, and dinner, fully commenced.

After thirty minutes they cut the cakes- a white fondant covered four tiered chocolate cake with silver, black and red floral designs that had the Markwardt's heirloom Mickey-Minnie Cake Topper, plus a smaller sheet cake with music notes and instruments done in black icing. The latter was meant specifically for the children in attendance, so the tier cake was the one they cut actually into. Sherlock had a little more fun since he was taller and had an easier reach than did Susanna, so she made sure to take a larger piece as retribution. He didn't mind since he could now remove whatever frosting was left behind on her face and get away with it.

After cake, Susanna and Sherlock danced a little more before they gave each other a look and signaled to John and Brooklyn. The maid of honor and best man provided a distraction and ushered the newlyweds out of the hall and to the bridal suite. Brooklyn helped her change out of the dress and veil and into a pair of bell bottom jeans, a dark red button up with the cuffs rolled up, and her red coat and "Sherlock scarf", leaving the makeup, hair and red pumps. John made sure Sherlock's tux vest and tie were put away neatly and assured no one had followed, as well as called the limo around. Sherlock himself simply switched the tux for his blazer, don his coat and scarf and they were set.

The trip to the long black limo was hurried, with Sherlock pulling Susanna along. The chauffeur obliged to load the luggage into the trunk as Brooklyn and Susanna hugged and kissed each other's cheeks. John hugged Sherlock and thumped him on the back, "Have fun, mate. I'll see you in a week then?"

"I trust you'll keep London in order until I return?"

"Of course. You just have fun with your new wife," The two shared a laugh, "I mean it Sherlock. If Susanna calls and-"

"Please, John, I do believe you have provided plenty of cases to hold me until I get back. My focus will be wholly on Susanna. I have matured, haven't I?"

"Yes, you have," John pushed him towards the car, "Now get going, moron!"

Susanna hugged John just before ducking into the limo. Sherlock followed, leaving John with a rare smile as the limo pulled away. The army doctor watched with soft tears pricking his eyes. Brooklyn nudged his arm, "Your speech was wonderful. I'm sure Sherlock loved it."

"Thanks."

Susanna giggled as Sherlock pulled her into his lap and peppered her with kisses, "I've been wanting to do that all day, Love."

"You were very patient, darling." She pecked a few kisses along his neck, "Worth the wait?"

"Oh yes."

When they boarded the jet they were shocked to see that Niles had turned it into a temporary love nest for them- with a small but romantically made up bed waiting for them. Susanna retreated to the bathroom to take off her makeup and jewelry while Sherlock discarded his coat, scarf and blazer and waited almost awkwardly for her to join him.

"I don't think I've seen you wear a button up before." He said with a light blush.

"You have. I just normally wear them with sweaters or jackets," She flushed pink, "You like it?"

"Indeed."

Thank you for reading!