The Dinner Date III

Sherlock and Susanna reached the outer circle of the dancing couples and quickly assumed their respective positions. As his left and her right hands clasped together, she placed her left hand on his shoulder and he rested his right hand on her hip. Their eyes locked as they both felt like they fit together perfectly. They exchanged smiles and Sherlock led them into a smooth waltz.

"You dance wonderfully, Sherlock."

"I have always loved dancing. But I never found a good partner to dance with," He replied, "You are well practiced, Darling."

"I've always been a dancer," Susanna stated, "But I don't generally get to dance with such an excellent partner like you."

Sherlock smiled proudly and turned her around for a spin, which she executed flawlessly before he pulled her back to him. Susanna grinned and rested her head against his chest as they continued dancing.

The slow waltz became a foxtrot, which transitioned to a fast waltz shortly after. During the foxtrot, Susanna had to take the lead because she was more familiar with the step sequence, and guided Sherlock with confidence throughout the song until he picked it up well enough to take over at the end. During the fast waltz he retook the lead and they seemed skate across the dance floor. Susanna was grinning the entire time, and Sherlock kept a proud smirk plastered across his face.

Susanna was the one who called for a break, seeing that their dessert was coming and noting their need for a cool down. She reached up and kissed Sherlock's jaw, "Come on, Love." He nodded and let her pull him back to the table. Their desserts- two pieces of some of London's lightest cheesecake served with cherry and chocolate sauce- arrived just as they did.

They ate dessert slowly and silently, to allow themselves time to cool off and recuperate from their dancing. Sherlock hadn't danced like that with anyone, so he focused on preserving the memories within the ever growing chamber of his mind palace that he had dedicated for Susanna.

Once they had finished the cheesecake and chased it down with more ice water, they waited a few minutes for their stomachs to settle before returning to the dance floor in time for another slow waltz. Halfway through the dance Susanna again rested her head against him, prompting the two to dance closer together. Sherlock smiled, "Is your energy draining?"

"No. I'm just relaxed and content, Sherlock." She replied. Sherlock chuckled and planted a soft kiss on the top her head.

They might have danced for hours; Susanna had lost track of time and Sherlock couldn't care less. They managed to stay on the dance floor through several different genres of dance, which kept Sherlock's brain active and enlivened Susanna.

It was just past eleven at night when Susanna began showing signs of exhaustion and Sherlock started to get sloppy with the steps. After some prodding from the staff, Sherlock and Susanna agreed that it was time to leave. Sherlock had paid the bill with a blank check beforehand so they could make a fast getaway. He led her to the coatroom, "You are a divine dancer, Susanna."

"Thank you, Sherlock. You are an excellent partner and a wonderful dancer too," She replied as they secured their coats and walked arm in arm to where the sedan waited. He helped her in first and then slid in beside her, "Do you think John would mind if I took tomorrow off?" She murmured sleepily. He chuckled.

"Probably." She smiled and leaned into his arm.

"Thank you for a magical date, Sherlock."

"Likewise, Susanna."

He managed to get Susanna to her flat without her falling asleep upright, and then headed back to 221B. As hr walked in from their busy night he found John asleep on the sofa with Rosie in his arms. Sherlock merely nodded and sauntered to bed with a giddy smile on his face.

The next morning John was more than amused when both Sherlock and Susanna were sore and fatigued beyond belief.

Please vote and comment! Thanks!