Early Morning, First Looks {Susanna}

Above is a collage with the wedding details. Take a look! ;)

"GOOD MORNING, SUSANNA!!"

"!!" I jolt awake and hear a multitude of giggling as a set of arms hugs me.

"Time to get breakfast and go, Red!"

I fall back against the pillows, "I'm actually getting married today..!"

"Yep! It's the big day!"

I let out a small squeak of excitement and sit up, "Finally!"

Nikole and Leilani laugh and pile onto the bed as we laugh and exchange hugs. Afterwards I roll out of the bed and they push me into the bathroom to get my shower. Once I'm dressed in a simple shirt and jeans, I walk out for the quick breakfast that Thomas picked up and brought. From there we load up the van that my Dad provided and head over to the College.

Ma, Marigold, Violet, Molly, Marcia and the little ones, excluding Armando, are all waiting in the suite. Without a moment to lose they sweep me over to the main vanity to start with my makeup, left to Brooklyn and Nikole. Mitchell's wife Lori shows up a few minutes later to tackle my hair with Leilani. The others work on helping each other get ready and making sure my own outfit is pristine.

Around ten AM, I'm given the all clear to actually start getting dressed. The nude tights and half slip go on before I step into the dress. It fits snugly but isn't restricting. Perfect.

It's a fit n flare gown with short sleeves and a sweetheart neckline, hugging me down to my thighs where the tulle fans out to give a mermaid silhouette. There's a single applique on the front that Thomas sewed on- it's been passed down to me from my Ma and her line.

Marigold buttons up the back as Brooklyn smooths out the skirt and short train. I let Ma fasten my veil into the slightly messy high bun, and then I put on the bright red pumps that I wisely decided to break in before today. Nikole helps me with the jewelry and then the look is complete when I'm handed my red and white bouquet.

When I turn around I blush and smile as the others applaud. The happiness overflows and many of us start tearing up or crying from joy. Especially Ma and Violet. It takes a while to calm everyone down.

Reina, one of our two photographers, has been taking candids and such and once everyone is perfect as can be, we walk out to take several more of the ladies before the First Look and of course wedding.

Eleven Fifteen. Time for First Look.

I make my way with Brooklyn and Reina to where Sherlock and I agreed to have our First Look. I didn't want to make him wait until I was walking down the aisle, and we wanted some pictures of just us right before the wedding. I haven't seen him or his specific tuxedo either, so it's a double reveal.

I take several deep breaths as we approach the window-lined corridor where Sherlock and John are waiting. Brooklyn steps into it first, followed by Reina, who has me come and stand with my back against the corner. Sherlock stands on the other side of it, per instruction, and then we each reach out one hand.

Sherlock's is a little bit damp and he's shaking ever so slightly, I notice as we grasp hands, "You alright, darling?"

"Yes. Just excited to see you and... admittedly nervous."

I squeeze his hand three times and he responds in kind. A soft smile paints my face and I grip his hand tightly, "Are you ready, Sherlock?"

"Yes." Reina nods and I step around the corner, exhaling a held in breath.

Thomas did a fabulous job with his tux. Black tuxedo jacket and trousers, with a red tuxedo jacket and tie and white shirt. Thomas tailored it perfectly for his svelte, lank form. His boutonniere is a deep burgundy-white variegated carnation with a gray-silver wrapping. I blush, just taking him in. While I didn't expect him to do anything to his hair, he did smooth out his chocolate curls and must have gotten a last minute trim.

"Wow..!" I gape, not seeing Sherlock's reaction to me at first, "You look awesome, Sherlock!" Then I notice his expression.

He's not truly crying, but his eyes are shining and he's stunned speechless- in the best way. Reina kicks Brooklyn and John out to give us a little more privacy, and I step closer to my soon-to-be husband, "Sherlock..?"

"You're... beautiful, Susanna. I don't tell you enough but you are," He finally says. I smile brightly and he takes my left hand and brings it to his lips, "You're gorgeously radiant, Love."

"Thank you, Sherlock," Reina takes a few more candids and then lets us alone to go and join her partner in the Chapel. Now alone, I step forward and hug Sherlock tightly. He throws his arms around me, albeit gently, and I hum, "Not what you were expecting, Darling?"

"No, not all all. You surprised me again, Love." He replies.

"I'm glad I surprised you."

He squeezes me closer and his body tremors. I stand there holding him for a long while, "I mean it. You're beautiful, Susanna. You tell me almost every day how handsome I am, but I have rarely told you the same."

"Oh, Sherlock, you've done more to show me that I'm beautiful than you think."

"Really?"

"Yes, Sherlock," I give him another squeeze and then we step apart so that he can check his watch, "It's almost time."

"Fifteen minutes."

We exchange warm smiles and I kiss his cheek, "I'll see you at the altar, Sherlock."

"I'll be there." He manages a somewhat teary wink. I blow him a kiss and then hurry out of the corridor for touch ups and a final check.

Thank you for reading!! This is Susanna's dress-

It took a while to decide on it but I thought that this would be perfect. Ta!