Return to Baker Street

December 3rd

I almost run up the stairs to 221B; well rested and excited to be back. As soon as I enter the living room I grin, seeing Rosie light up, "Zuzu!" She squeals from the sofa where she and John are reading her favorite book.

"Hey, Rosie!" I look at John who is smiling with relief, "Hello, John!"

"It's good to have you back, Susanna."

"Glad to be back, John." I turn my head and find Sherlock sitting comfortably in his chair with his legs crossed, hands under his chin.

"He's been like that for hours since looking at his inbox of cases." John explains and I nod.

"I bet. Now, you have should be off for work, John." He nods and kisses Rosie's cheek.

"Okay, Rosie, I've got to go now. Be good!"

"Daddy!" She giggles and he bids her goodbye, grabbing his bag and leaving. I take his place on the sofa with her, "Zuzu!!"

"Yes, Rosie. Are you reading?" I unbutton my pea coat and take off the white knitted scarf I wore today, setting them on the sofa beside me.

"Since when do you wear scarves, Love?" Sherlock asks abruptly. He saw me after all, not surprising.

"You're not the only one who wears scarves, darling. Don't worry, I didn't take your style," I reply, "Good Morning, Sherlock."

"Good Morning, Susanna." He falls silent after that and I focus on Rosie and reading with her. After an hour of books I retrieve some toys and we play on the floor together for a couple of hours. Sherlock still doesn't move, but it doesn't bother me.

Finally at ten AM he opens his eyes and I hear him exhale. I look up at him, "Deduced the solutions, Darling?"

"Yes." He grabs his computer and starts to reply rather rapidly to the emails in the inbox. I smile and shake my head at him.

"Uncle Sherlock busy?" Rosie asks. I nod.

"Yes. Very busy, Rosie," She hums and we return to playing. I take a minute and admire how much she's grown since I started here. All of us have grown. I push the thought to the back of my mind as Lestrade stumbles in, "Oh hey, Greg."

"Hey, Susanna." I see Sherlock nearly slam his laptop closed and stifle a chuckle. He still gets flustered when I call Lestrade by his first name.

"Do you have a case, Lestrade?"

"O-Oh, yes I have. Double homicide."

"Where?" Sherlock hops off his chair as Lestrade tells him the location and a few details, "Alright. I'll meet you there." Lestrade nods and leaves as Sherlock dons his coat and scarf. I smile. He's back in his element and I'm glad for it.

"See you later, darling."

"This shouldn't take long. I'll be back within a couple of hours."

"I'll have lunch ready then." He smiles and walks over, bending down and kissing the top of my head.

"I'll count on it," I smile back and he makes for the door, "I love you, Susanna." He farewells.

"I love you too, Sherlock." He almost grins and then disappears.

Around noon I've already fed Rosie and she's down for her nap. I retreat to the kitchen and pull a quick lunch together as Sherlock materializes, "Hello, Love."

"Hello," I greet, finishing up the sandwiches, "Hungry?"

"I must regretfully answer yes." I chuckle and hand him the plate with his sandwich.

"Have you even noticed the effects that eating regularly has had on you, darling?"

"Of course. You have increased my appetite by sixty percent and I am now forced to sleep at nearly normal intervals." He replies.

"You're healthier in general, darling, and that's what matters." I comment and kiss his cheek.

"Yes. I'm almost human," He kisses my cheek and I sigh, shaking my head at him as he carries the plate to his chair, "Thank you, Love." He says, as if he almost forgot to.

"You're welcome, Love," I eat my lunch in the kitchen because I have to clean it up anyway from Rosie's art session. Once the task is done I walk out and Sherlock holds up one arm. His way of asking me to join him. I exhale and sit down on the arm, planting a kiss on his temple, "You're in a good mood."

"I'm back in 221B Baker Street after a successful visit with my lover's family and I have plenty of interesting cases. Yes, I am in a positive mood."

We lean in for a kiss and I slide into his lap. His fingers take hold of the tip of my braid and twist it around gently while I put my arms around his neck, eager for some contact.

"Glad to see that the initial obsession with each other hasn't worn off yet," I freeze, recognizing the voice. Mycroft, "Are you finished dismantling each other or should I stand here and wait?"

How does he always walk in when we're- Oh nevermind! I pull away from Sherlock as his muscles tighten up, ready for a confrontation, "What are you here for, Mycroft?" I get up so Sherlock can stand. He gestures for me to sit back down in his chair so I do.

"I thought you called for me, Sherlock, to discuss a few... critical matters."

Thank you for reading!!