Plighting Troths {Susanna}

I watch with anticipation as Sherlock's parents start the wedding procession, followed by Neil and Paul, two of our ushers, escorting Ma and Marigold down the aisle. Then Mycroft and Leilani go, followed by Thomas and Molly, then Lestrade and Nikole. Brooklyn and I kiss each other on the cheek before she walks in and I take a deep breath, getting into final position with Dad on my right arm and Pa on the other. Julia and Maia bounce up and down, each proudly holding a layer of my train so that it doesn't catch too many petals or snag on the runner.

Armando somewhat struts behind Brooklyn with an adorable smile, carrying the ring box proudly. Rosie and Isla go next- the last before me. The guests chuckle and awe at the three of them. I only hope that in their excitement the girls got some of the petals near the end of the aisle.

Finally the Buglers begin to play Mendelssohn's Wedding March and the doors open fully. I grasp my bouquet and walk forward slowly, perfectly in step with Pa and Dad. My eyes lock with Sherlock's, who is waiting with a tender smile. I smile even brighter and manage not to trip on a few clumps of petals.

Finally we reach the altar. Pa and Dad lift my blusher together and kiss my cheeks before giving me away to Sherlock. I quickly hand my bouquet to Brooklyn and then we face Chaplain Brassington. John gives us a cheeky grin before he's completely out of view.

The music closes and the ceremony begins. After a few preliminary remarks from the Chaplain, he then addresses us as a couple. He doesn't give an "average" speech. He created it specifically for us after several meetings and discussions with him, where he learned about us and our relationship. Some of his remarks are humorous, and some somber, but it's a lovely address overall and helps set the mood.

Finally comes time for the vows. John, who's actually been in charge of them, produces them for us. Sherlock and I join hands and face each other. After taking a breath he begins, smiling warmly.

"Susanna Lucille Kimberley Markwardt... Today I affirm my love for you, and vow to share my life with you in everything - to respect, cherish and love you wholly. You are the most generous person I have ever known - kind, honest, and beautiful. I, William Sherlock Scott Holmes, do take you to be my wedded wife, to have and to hold, in sickness and in health. From this day forward you shall be first in my heart and our souls shall be together as one."

I take a short breath and smile, "William Sherlock Scott Holmes... Sherlock. Today I, Susanna Lucille Kimberley Markwardt, do take you to be my wedded husband and vow to help create for us a life of honesty, fidelity, trust, and love. To love, respect, and cherish you not as some idea of you, but as you truly are. To grow with you, learn with you, and to live out our days hand in hand."

Now for the ring exchange. Sherlock takes my freshly soldered platinum infinity twist set and takes my left hand, "Susanna, with this ring, I thee wed, and with it, I bestow upon thee all the treasures of my mind, heart, and hands." He then guides the set onto and along my finger to its proper place. Next I take Sherlock's ring- a wide, beveled, polished titanium band- and clear my throat a bit.

"Sherlock, I give you this ring as a symbol of my abiding love, my faith in our strength together, and my covenant to learn and grow with you." I slide the wedding band onto his finger and we join hands again.

"If there is anyone any one who objects to this union, speak now or forever hold your peace," Sherlock and I give Mycroft a look but he says nothing, in fact looking over the crowd for any dissenting faces. When no one says anything, Chaplain Brassington clears his throat, "Then with the authority vested in me, I do pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride."

He didn't have to tell Sherlock twice. Sherlock steps forward and captures my lips, pressing a passionate kiss onto them and sealing our marriage and love. I throw my arms around his neck as he dips me back, and the room erupts into celebratory cacophony.

Once we've peeled apart and the room has settled down we have a short unity ceremony. Sherlock stumbled across the idea online and we both liked the concept. We each take a glass of brightly colored glass gems and pour them into a glass display. We'll ship it to a Glass-Blowing Company and they'll create a sculpture for us, then send it back in a few weeks. After the unity ceremony we turn and face the guests.

"I now officially present to you, as husband and wife, Mister William Sherlock Scott Holmes and Missus Susanna Lucille Kimberley Holmes."

Thank you for reading!