Afternoon In [Susanna]

I puff out my cheeks and eye the camera, "Sherlock, what are you trying to do?"

"You have over 50 photos of me, whereas we have no pictures of us as a couple and I certainly have none of you."

I give a half smile, "So you want to have some pictures for yourself?"

"Yes."

"I didn't think you'd want any." Sherlock hums.

"I don't think it's fair that you have all the pictures to yourself. Why would you think I wouldn't want any of the photos?"

I shrug, "You didn't seem to be into keeping my picture in your pocket. Sentiment, and all."

He manages a small smile, "Well now is the perfect opportunity to get one, isn't it?" I laugh and he snaps a picture, "See? I just used your own technique."

"Let me see," I demand and he concedes, "That's actually pretty good, Sherlock."

"Excellent." We both chuckle and I we continue on our way. While I take plenty of pictures of nature, though, it turns into a sort of photoshoot for Sherlock. He takes the opportunity to take pictures of me with his phone or borrows my camera, and I pull us together for some couple's shots.

Eventually we make it through the park. It's past noon now and I sigh, "How about lunch, Sherlock?"

"Chips?" I give him a look.

"Fries." He returns the look and I giggle.

"Somewhere different, then?"

"Like where?" I ask. He tsks.

"Your place?"

I chuckle, "Cafe Susanna?" He shrugs, "Sounds good to me. I can sort through the pictures at home."

"Come on, then."

I drive us all the way back across town to my flat. Once we get in, I have Sherlock help make sandwiches and turn on some Pop Music. He takes it upon himself to make a kettle of tea, if only to ensure that he can add in tons of honey.

Once lunch is made we carry it to the living room and sit down, me on my chaise and him in the armchair, and I queue up some NCIS as we dig in. I can't help but laugh as Sherlock rattles off his own deductions about the show.

About halfway through our second episode, we've finished lunch and have curled up together on the chaise. Barney comes out of my bedroom and hops up in my lap, purring gently as both Sherlock and I pet him.

"Susanna?"

"Mm?"

"Is your stepfather actually a general?"

"Yep. Three stars. But he is currently on his twilight tour and will be retiring..," I think for a second, "This November. Oh, that reminds me, I was hoping to take a couple weeks off in the end of November to be there for his retirement ceremony and Thanksgiving."

"Thanksgiving?"

"Yes, Thanksgiving. I didn't visit for it last year and this year it's special since-"

"Since what?"

".., My birthday falls on Thanksgiving this year. And since I spent Christmas in Florida and didn't get snow last year, I'm planning on staying here and hoping for a White Christmas," This piques his interest enough for him to remove his eyes from the TV screen,"Plus I have a boyfriend now with whom I might just want to spend the holiday."

"Sentiment." He remarks.

"What?"

"It is intriguing how different we are when it comes to sentiment. I don't much care for the holidays and even my birthday, and you are quite the opposite."

"Well, holidays bring people together and I enjoy being with my family and friends."

"So much that you'd take two weeks and leave England completely?" He probes. I look up at him and tilt my head.

"Sherlock, it's not like I'm going to vanish off the face of the earth," I coo, "Aww, you're going to miss me, aren't you?"

"I have become quite accustomed to your regularity of presence in 221B. I'd hate to have you unavailable when I might require you for a case." I reach up and cup his face.

"It'll only be two weeks. And it's not like we can't call or text, or even video chat. Besides, it's only July. There's time yet to plan and sort everything out before then. And I'll be back before the Christmas Rush."

He's silent for a couple of minutes and then speaks again, "I don't think that John would mind if you took two weeks to visit your family in November."

"I know, darling, I've already asked him." His eyes narrow.

"When?"

"My interview. I believe that you ran out on a call from Lestrade."

"So John knows about the two weeks in November?"

"He knows that that's my plan, although it isn't set in stone quite yet. He's given the approval for it," I sigh, "But it doesn't seem like I've got yours."

"You don't need my approval, Susanna."

"I know. But you don't want me to leave."

He snorts, "By the time November comes around, I bet it won't make as much of a difference whether you stay in London or fly across the pond. We'll have gotten used to each other, as all couples do."

"We're already comfortably established as a couple, Sherlock."

"Yes, we are." He concedes.

"But you're worried that we'll drift apart..," I deduce. He says nothing, "Sherlock, I don't think it's possible for us to just drift apart. We're more than that."

Barney meows in agreement and slicks up against Sherlock as the detective gives me a coy smile.

Please consider leaving a vote or a comment! Thank you!