Date around London (I) [Susanna]

~A few days later~

I smile to myself as I get off of my bike and make my way inside 221B. I had a marvelous idea earlier this morning and figured that since John is taking Rosie for doctor's appointments and a playdate, that I will take Sherlock out on a date.

Almost all of our dates until now have been in the evening or at night to Ritz's. We've visited Angelo's and the chip stand a good bunch too, but I feel like we need a date where Sherlock can't hide behind music, low lighting and food. One that should hopefully be entertaining for us both, if I can pull Sherlock away before he gets another case.

Since the case on the Leonidas, he has been taking cases left and right; even the small, boring ones. I know he sincerely wants to impress me now that he's seen more of my abilities, even though I also know that he is angling to dissuade me from ever taking on a case like that again. So he's spent the past three days, from monday to wednesday, taking on case after case and rattling off deductions or demonstrating theories to me, 24/7. While the effort he is making is impressive, it is too much and he's hardly said anything that was unrelated to a case since the Leonidas.

I walk into the living room and find Missus Hudson delivering morning tea to Sherlock and John. Little Rosie is in John's lap holding a texture/color book and forming small words with John's help. I clap a couple times, "Good job, Rosie!" Rosie squeals happily and the detective duo looks up in greeting.

"Good morning, Susanna. You're look like you're in a good mood." John greets. I sigh happily.

"I had a good night's rest and my energy is back up. I suppose that constitutes a good mood." I reply.

"What are you up to, Susanna?"

"What would I be up to, darling mine?"

"Love, the last time you were this bubbly was before Mycroft sent us to the Leonidas."

"Am I not allowed to be a happy girlfriend?" I pout playfully. He sighs.

"Of course not. But if you're considering another case, do tell Mycroft to piss off."

"But I thought you already told him that?"

"Oh I did, but he's Mycroft." I chuckle and walk over to him, leaning down. We share a brief kiss and his face brightens into a light smile. Missus Hudson gives me a cuppa with a smile.

"Oh, here you go. I was thinking you'd be here this morning." She chuckles.

"Thank you, Missus Hudson." She beams and leaves us to our cuppas. I finish mine first and take it to the sink.

"That was fast. Something is up." Sherlock chirps. I laugh and walk back to him. He pulls me down onto the armrest and I swing my legs over his as his free arm curls around me. A light bulb goes off so I flash a quick, mischievous smile at John, who gets the hint and smiles lightly. Then I hum thoughtfully.

"Well... I did pick up one case, Sherlock." He almost does a spit-take and chokes on his tea. I reach my hand out to catch the saucer as it tips out of his lap.

"What?! Susanna, we agreed and we've already made very clear to Mycroft and Niles that you will no longer participate in their cases!" He protests.

"I took a case from someone else, Sherlock. That doesn't violate any agreements. But it may be one of the hardest things I'll have to accomplish." I say with a straight face. John is doing well to hide his amusement by channeling it to Rosie. Sherlock presses his lips together and sets his tea cup down.

"Oh? Then what is this challenging and potentially fatal case that you've taken on and from whom?"

"It's called; Can I get Sherlock out of 221B Baker Street for a fun day around London and what will I have to do. Commissioned by me." I answer. John and I burst out laughing when Sherlock's face contorts.

"A date?! It's a Thursday, Susanna, and I've had an influx of cases-"

"Cases that I'm sure can wait. I texted Greg anways and he said it was fine if you took a day off." I explain.

"Oh so you're on a first name basis with Gale now too?" I slide all the way into his lap.

"Well I do see him often 'round here. And you and John call him by his first name anyways so he said it was fine," Okay, so I may be acting a little mean but it my defense, he pulled a similar stunt on Tuesday. Sherlock sets his tea down firmly on the side table and huffs, "Come on, Sherlock. Let me take you on a date?"

"I have cases."

"And a Girlfriend. I want to have a fun day out with my Boyfriend where we aren't dodging bullets and angry machinists or the like." I counter, wrapping my arms around his neck and drumming my fingers across the nape of his neck. John is laughing in hysterics now and even Rosie's joined in, not really aware as to why but she's laughing happily.

"Sherlock, come on! You've only had small cases this week!" John inputs, "It's a beautiful day for a date too, you know." Sherlock gives him a look of "Why aren't you on my side?". Then he sighs.

"Alright. We haven't been on one in a while anyways." I beam and bring him down for a warm, full kiss that catches him off guard and makes John laugh more.

"Thank you, Darling!" He rolls his eyes but smiles as he peck his cheek again.

Thank you for reading!