* The Other Potter

This has to be the cliche on the Topper's list because there are honestly too many fanfictions written about the other Potter sibling (usually a sister). If you type The Other Potter in the search bar at Wattpad, about 40.5K stories will directly pop up and trust me there are several thousand more hidden under covers.

Since I have never seen a fanfic on Harry Potter's brother except for Kitty Bell's Milo Fleamont Potter, we are going to view the basic similarities of the Potter Sister cliche.

OC's Personality and traits:

1. Harry Potter's sister always has red hair and green eyes. She is an exact replica of Lily Evan's similar to the concept that Harry took after his father, here's this sister who took after her mother.

2. She is either Harry's twin, or a few months younger than him, and in just a few stories almost an year younger than him.

[There is almost never an elder sister, though I can understand the reason why].

3. She is either dropped off at an orphanage after Hagrid rescued Harry, or taken in by McGonagall, Remus, Snape, sometimes even Dumbledore or just plain forgotten until the time comes for her to get enrolled in Hogwarts.

4. She has a lightning bolt scar on any other body part than her forehead, like on her wrist or neck etc. She is the Girl Who Lived.

[I have never seen any story in which Voldemort only attacks Harry. It has to be the both of them and both survive. Honestly, if there was a Potter twin the whole Prophecy thing could get hella confusing but then some authors use this fact to later project in their story that the OC is actually the Chosen One].

5. When she gets enrolled in Hogwarts, she is sorted in either Gryffindor or Slytherin. It's almost as if no other house exists for this extraordinary witch.

6. She is socially more active and is friends with everyone. Including the Golden Trio, the Malfoy gang, the Weasleys and almost the whole of the school population.

7. This Potter sister nearly always replaces Hermione in The Golden Trio. 

[I absolutely hate it when it happens

[I absolutely hate it when it happens. I mean, how can you give all of Hermione's lines and golden moments to your OC? And a great deal of injustice is done to Hermione but we'll discuss that later].

8. But for some unknown reason, she is the loneliest person alive who has so many problems that she can't cope with it. If she's in Slytherin, she is bullied for it. And nearly always she ends up in all the dangerous situations.

 And nearly always she ends up in all the dangerous situations