REVIEW NO 2

The book we are going to review today is Why Can't I Love You? by brylalovee

Now first these are the basics.

Book Name: Why Can't I Love You?

Author's account name: brylalovee

Main Characters: Rosalyn Lewis, Danielle Fawley, Theresa Stewart, Marauders, Lily Evans and Severus Snape.

Description:

Rosalyn Lewis, a half-blood witch, hadn't known magic existed until she got her Hogwarts acceptance letter. Now she's going to a school of magic she knows nothing about.

Talkative, blunt, and outgoing, her personality's completely opposite than that of Remus Lupin, but she finds herself falling for him anyway. Too bad he doesn't seem to want to be loved.

Chapter Count: 9 and ongoing.

***

Now let's get on with the review!

***

1. The Title:

I guess the title may make sense as the story proceeds but as I was just on the chapters when Rose starts her fourth year, I can't be sure of that.

But I can understand since it's a Remus Lupin love story and obviously loving a werewolf is not as easy as it seems.

2. The Cover:

The cover is nice and I like it. I also like the fact that it has full moons on it which kinda symbolizes Remus's condition.

3. Concept:

The story is based upon Rosalyn Lewis, a half blood witch who lives with her mother and finds out she's a witch. The story revolves around her and her school life which involves the Marauders as well.

4. Review (includes Summary too):

Rosalyn Lewis lived with her parents in New York but as they were not able to live a normal happy life due to continuous arguments between Rose's mum and dad, Mrs Lewis makes a decision and moves to London to start a new life.

The depiction of family crises, arguments and the effect it has on the child is quite accurate.

In London Rose couldn't get admission in schools because she was not proficient academically. She loved art and her intelligence came in the form of sketching and designing which was not entirely the standard on which she could get an admission in proper school.

However she receives her Hogwarts letter and after persuading her mother greatly, she finally joins Hogwarts.

What I think:

This fanfic has a lot of potential to become a great read on Wattpad. Rose's character has been lovingly created and the efforts of the author shows through each chapter.

The one thing I liked most is that the author has made clear that intelligence is not only measured through good grades. There are different kinds of intelligence and not all Ravenclaws are book smart, they can also be creative and imaginative.

Also, the blunt attitude and casual behavior Rose possesses, is quite lovable. The other characters the author has created such as Danielle, Theresa and Charlie Gray are just as intriguing and lovable as Rose. The banters between Rose and a Slytherin Camden Avery is also hilarious and there are many scenes which seem to be taken right from our normal daily lives.

***

If you are looking for a story that is humorous and revolves around a lighter topic, then this is the book for you.

***

brylalovee I must say your story is really captivating. At first I had only decided to read a few chapters but the story gripped me instantly and I changed my decision and here I am with the review which would have come up later.

Keep writing in this amazing writing style you have and I am sure you will prosper and your story will get the appreciation and recognition it deserves.