Overlooked Characters

There are so many of these characters which are never paid attention to. Like just never. You may see them in one or two fanfics but only for a few chapters and they are just there to do what the original book says.

That is, no one ever bothers to look thoroughly into their lives or their personalities at all. And it is very difficult to find stand alone fanfics for these characters.

1. Barty Crouch Jr:

All of us know Barty Crouch Jr, the Death Eater who escaped from Azkaban and then went to Hogwarts under Alastor Moody's disguise. And that he put Harry's name in the Goblet and tried to finish him at the end of the Tournament.

 And that he put Harry's name in the Goblet and tried to finish him at the end of the Tournament

Then some of you remember him as the weird professor who turned Draco Malfoy into a ferret.

But do we really know anything else about Barty Crouch or have we ever seen a fanfic written about him? 

NO.

Barty had a life before Azkaban as well. In my opinion he must have been a brilliant wizard of him time because even though he was deranged after all his time in Azkaban still he could successfully make the polyjuice potion, capture and imprison one of the most feared Aurors of all time and raise not even the slightest of suspicion to his actual identity.

Not even Dumbledore suspected him. And that is a big feat for him to achieve. Because fooling Dumbledore is not an easy task at all.

All this manipulation, trickery and cunning was done by a slightly deranged Barty Crouch Jr. Imagine how much he would have been capable of when he was in full health and youth, free from the after effects of Azkaban?

Can we not have a fanfic about a young Barty in his Hogwarts days? Barty Crouch Jr the star student of Hogwarts and chief prankster. Genius Barty who knows how to give even Peeves the treats it deserves. Barty Crouch Jr from whom everyone expects such a lot and believe that they would see this young man as the Minister of Magic one day.

It can make a great story idea. You can portray Barty in his school days then write about his ambitions and his curious inclination towards the Dark Arts. You can write in detail about his transition from shining Barty Crouch to a cunning mastermind Death Eater. There is so much you can do.

2. Quirinus Quirrell:

Ah, Professor Quirrell, the poor professor who was never mentioned again after the first book.