REVIEW NO 7

The book we are going to review today is Oracle by bluebellSlytherin25

Now first these are the basics.

Book Name: Oracle

Author's account name: bluebellSlytherin25

Main Characters: Cyril Rowle, James Potter, Sirius Black, Remus Lupin, Peter Pettigrew and a few others.

Description:

The legends were known through out our time as four boys who banded together as brothers and sought to cause mischief wherever they went. Moony, Wormtail, padfoot and Prongs' stories were told from generation to generation and were believed from child to child.

But what if-what if it was much more than boys who wanted to cause trouble? We've heard about what happened on screen and before our eyes but not a single soul knew what else happened in the years of Hogwarts with the four boys.

No one but Cyril Rowle, the unregistered marauder.

Chapter Count: 17 and ongoing.

***

Now let's get on with the review!

***

1. The Title:

I think the title is pretty much appropriate. As a prophecy is mentioned in the prologue and it seems to be the central theme of the story, naming it Oracle is good enough.

2. The Cover:

The cover collaborates with the title well and has an archer in it obscured by mist. It is simple but intriguing.

3. Concept:

The story is based on Cyril Rowle and the four Marauders. I think it's a slightly different spin on the original books as you will find minute changes here and there but it is interesting to read, nevertheless.

4. Review (includes Summary too):

The story starts with two families, Potter and Rowle, assembled in Dumbledore's cottage located in a secluded forest. The characters we are introduced to first are the Potters (Anastasia and Charles) and Maria Rowle accompanied by her older brother. Dumbledore and Sybil Trelawney are present as well and the matter of discussion is a prophecy made regarding James Potter and Cyril Rowle.

The story then proceeds on to the 1st of September when Cyril, James, Sirius, Remus and Peter are starting Hogwarts. The book follows the five boys through their first year and focuses on the antics faced by the five.

What I think:

Oracle is a very different fanfic as compared to those I have read previously. Not only is it captivating but it also has an essence of mystery to it which urges the reader to read on and figure out what happens next. The writing style is also quite compelling which is a good thing.

The way the characters are portrayed, especially Peter, is worth applauding. The author makes sure that we realize that this Peter Pettigrew was far from the traitor he later became. I also appreciate the fact that even though there are a few places in the story where dialogues are not written but the eloquent descriptions makes up for it and conveys the meaning perfectly.

***

If you are looking for a story that takes a different spin on the books and has great description and reasoning for the changes then this is the book for you.

***

bluebellSlytherin25 Reading Oracle was a whole new experience for me. Never before have I come across a fanfic which is this deep and covers so many underlying themes. As such writing this review was a bit difficult for me too because I couldn't decide what to tell and what not because each scene is connected to a series of other equally important scenes and I don't want to spoil the story for future readers through this review.

But I enjoyed reading it. Your descriptions of the characters as well as each scene that takes place are well written and gripping. Stay motivated to keep writing more and I wish you lots of good luck and success.

 Stay motivated to keep writing more and I wish you lots of good luck and success

***

On a completely unrelated note, Review section is now closed for catch up. Please refrain from sending any new entries. The books that have been added to my reading list will be reviewed and any entries received afterwards will be reviewed later when I reopen the section.