REVIEW NO 16

The book we are going to review today is Venus by live_life_with_books

Now first these are the basics.

Book Name: Venus

Author's account name: live_life_with_books

Main Characters: Venus Black, the Weasleys, the Golden Trio and a few others.

Description:

'Molly stretched out her arms for the child, Dumbledore gladly handed her over.

Almost the second that Molly took the child in her arms the little girl's eyes opened, she stared up at Molly with beautiful Hazelnut coloured eyes, blinking sleepily.

It was that moment that Molly knew she had to care for this child.

The Weasley family grew to eight that night.'

Venus Weasley, the second youngest child of Molly and Arthur Weasley has waited her entire life to go to Hogwarts, but when she finally starts at the school, she realises that her problems are far more than just having a differing hair colour.

New challenges face her every year, as she learns more about herself, whilst fighting for her life in the Second Wizarding War.

Chapter Count: 107 and ongoing.

***

Now let's get on with the review!

***

1. The Title:

The title is the name of the main character so I guess that's okay.

2. The Cover:

The cover is simple but looks nice as the editing is kept minimal and the arrangement of pictures is good.

3. Concept:

The story is based on Venus Black, daughter of Sirius and Marlene who was adopted by the Weasleys after Sirius was sent to Azkaban. It focuses on her days at Hogwarts and the adventures that are in store for her.

4. Review (includes Summary too):

The story starts from a scene in which Dumbledore and McGonagall have dropped Harry off to the Dursleys and are speculating what is to be done with Black's daughter. Dumbledore decides to give her in the Weasley's care.

From then on the fanfic proceeds to the year when Venus has to start Hogwarts, and follows the original plot with interesting additions here and there.

What I think:

The fanfic is written in an easy and simple style which covers the situation quite nicely. Venus is portrayed as a fun loving, humorous child who loves adventure and pranking with the twins.

The fact worth appreciating is that the author has paid attention in projecting the canon character's personalities just the way it is explained in the books. There isn't nay case of OOC Syndrome and the story doesn't deviate from the topic.

***

If you are looking for a story from a different perspective with additional characters then this is the book for you.

***

live_life_with_books I enjoyed reading your fanfic. First off, I appreciate all the effort you have put in the book and also for making it to a hundred chapters because I know it requires a lot of time and struggle.

I loved all the characters and all the interaction that took place in the book. You have kept a good balance between canon stuff and things you have added yourself Keep up the good work and best of luck!

 You have kept a good balance between canon stuff and things you have added yourself Keep up the good work and best of luck!