How I Found WP

Today it has been almost four years since I joined Wattpad.

I made this account somewhere in May or June 2014 when I accidentally discovered the site through a google search on online writing platforms.

The first fanfic I read here was about Jane Volturi because I was kinda intrigued to find out what all the Twilight hype was about and that fanfic was the first recommendation by Wattpad.

It was pretty great though and I guess it was written by VolturiVampire but I completely forgot the title.

It was my first ever introduction to the world of fanfiction and I'm glad I somehow discovered it because since then writing fanfiction became a huge part of my life.

My first ever fanfic was also the first book I wrote but it was written way before the WP discovery in 2012 and at that time I felt I was the only person who had ever come up with an idea for Harry Potter's younger sister.

It was titled as Harry Potter And The Enchantress Of Godric Hollow and about a girl who was the daughter of Lily's cousin and she took her in after the untimely death of the poor kid's parents. And I'm relieved that it's currently not published.

I was in eighth grade at that time and the news of me writing a book spread the school like wildfire. So much so that the final draft of the fanfic was circulated everywhere from my group of friends to the teacher's staff rooms.

I had been so bloody flustered when our History and English teachers both came to me and said that they would like to borrow the draft one by one and check it out.

Now when I look back at that fanfic it makes me cringe at how pointless and cliche and ridiculous every single event in it was. But my teachers had been so positive with their remarks saying that it was a great read and they were proud of me. And now I actually think whether they were just being nice or they truly felt it.

But if they hadn't supported me in the first place, I would never have continued and I would never be where I am now. I'm really really thankful to both of them. They are who made me what I am today.

If it hadn't been for their support and guidance I would have stopped writing long ago. So thank you Miss Humera and Miss Hunza, you will always be the greatest factor behind any success I get in writing.

Now that I've almost finished college a lot of things have changed for me in case of writing style and plot ideas. I try my best to think out of the box and I try hard to convey my very best to readers.

Though I'm always hesitant to post my actual work here, I don't even know why. I have loads of drafts and for now I have just contented myself with writing one shots and short humorous chapters.

I'm trying to get a few works of mine published such as I have a Percy Weasley fanfic in my drafts, two fanfics for Newt Scamander, one original based on the Peshawar Army Public School terrorist attack, a few more originals hiding in a corner and a humorous book on Sirius Black titled Meet The Rebel and two random opinion books.

But the problem for me is always the same. Lack of free time and infinite exams.

However if you really want to check out how I write (though I'm warning you that it may not be as professional as you expect) you can check out my other account Angelily2015.

It has an original Mystery/Thriller story published there with 11 chapters and currently on hold. And if you do remember this account from the previous chapters... Then yeah I admit, it's my own account.

Kinda like a backup but more of an account existing for the sole sake of my family not finding out every single thing I have to write because I have serious issues with exposing my work.

Okay... So guess this turned out much longer than I expected and since everyone is waiting at dinner for me I might as well go now.

See you soon but can't be sure because the exams date sheet has arrived. And I'll have to sacrifice Wattpad like I always do.