REVIEW NO 13

The book we are going to review today is The Heart Princess by SweetSimu

Now first these are the basics.

Book Name: The Heart Princess

Author's account name: SweetSimu

Main Characters: Rosella Riddle, the Golden Trio, Mathew Knight, Albus Dumbledore, Tom Riddle and a few others.

Description:

"A princess should be a warrior rather than only a beauty." - Rosella Hope Riddle.

To be a princess is not and will never be an easy task. And for Rosella, who isn't a complete soul, it's like inviting your own death.

Chapter Count: 14 and completed.

***

Now let's get on with the review!

***

1. The Title:

The title symbolizes the main character Rosella and thus considered appropriate.

2. The Cover:

The cover is simple but looks nice enough. I don't know why but it reminds me of a card deck we used to play with back when I was nine.

3. Concept:

The story is based on Rosella who is the last of Royal Blood. The author has introduced a new concept of a royal family that rules over Wizardfolk and there's a princess from that family who is crowned as the next ruler. Rosella is the last princess.

4. Review (includes Summary too):

The story starts from a scene in which Rosella's mother is singing her to sleep but Voldemort breaks in to her castle and kills her. He uses the killing curse on Rosella too but she is saved as her mother does some sort of powerful spell as a result of which a part of her soul dies but the other survives.

From then on fanfic proceeds to when Rosella is twelve and lives with her foster family. She can't attend Hogwarts for safety reasons as Dumbledore believes that she is more protected in the Muggle world. But her adoptive sister, Isabella, goes to Hogwarts and she meets the Trio through her at King's Cross station after the end of Harry and the other's first year.

What I think:

The story has an intriguing concept and is overall good. I loved the bond between Isabella and Rosella and the way the author has emphasized on their beautiful sisterhood. The behaviors of other characters around Rosella as she is a princess are also understandable though I would advise to tone it down a bit. Other than that it was a great read for me. The whole story however was slightly more fastpacing than it is preferred but it was okay for me as I had to do the review quickly and the pace of the story helped me to get through with it in less time than I expected.

***

If you are looking for a story that follows a different concept and has original elements in it then this is the book for you.

***

SweetSimu You have truly put a lot of effort and thought into your fanfic. I also appreciate the way you have researched and given Rosella a full back story complete with past events and ancestor history.

I would suggest you to reread it and edit where possible such as remove typos and pay a little attention to the grammar and writing style as it is a bit too simple. Otherwise I enjoyed reading The Heart Princess.

 Otherwise I enjoyed reading The Heart Princess