REVIEW NO 26

The book we are going to review today is Bella Dearest by Random_And_Brave

Now first these are the basics.

Book Name: Bella Dearest

Author's account name: Random_And_Brave

Main Characters: Bellatrix Black, Andromeda Black, Narcissa Black, Cygnus Black, Rita Skeeter and a few others.

Description:

It is said that evil isn't born and that it is made.

Have you ever wondered what Bellatrix Lestrange was like before she was Lestrange? Well, here's your answer.

Bellatrix Black, firstborn daughter of Cygnus Black III and Druella Rosier. Clever, Cunning, and Loyal. These three traits you can say somewhat highlighted the personality of the young Bellatrix.

Always pushing to prove loyal to her parents and her pure-blood heritage, caused Bellatrix to believe that she should put anyone who wasn't pure blood, below her. That even included her own sister at some point. But right now, we're talking about the young Bellatrix when she was still the warrior she was named to be.

Now, when Bellatrix was only eleven she had been accepted into Hogwarts. She was the first of her generation to attend, for her two sisters and her cousins were too young to attend. Since her family was an ancient pure blood family that meant that generations upon generations of Blacks had attended Hogwarts, but alas Bellatrix being Bellatrix thought that it was an adventure.

The adventure of which would lead her to the dark side.

Chapter Count: 5 and Ongoing.

***

Now let's get on with the review!

***

1. The Title:

Since the story is mainly focused on Bellatrix, the title collaborates well with it.

2. The Cover:

The cover is simple but elegant. I love it how the colors black and green are blended into the cover to symbolize Bellatrix. However, I think it can be improved by playing along with different font styles and sizes. The current text seems quite small but of course it's just my opinion and depends on the author whether he/she wants to change it or not.

3. Concept:

The story is based on Bellatrix and focuses on her life before she became one of the most feared Death Eaters.

4. Review (includes Summary too):

The story begins from a sort of a prologue in which the readers are shown how Druella Black, Bella's mother, suffered from an untimely death and focuses on how her death had affected her family.

From the next chapters we are shown how Bella is coping with her mother's loss and also putting up with her family's expectations since she is the eldest of her sisters. We are also introduced to Rita Skeeter who Bella meets on the Hogwarts Express when it is the first day of term for both of them.

What I think:

The writing style is simple and consists of easily comprehensible words. However, since there are only four chapters and one prologue, I think it would be too early for me to give a fixed judgement on it. The beginning chapters are usually kept simple since authors are building up the reader's interest and many changes occur when the story gets set into action. But from how much I've read, I think that the upcoming chapters will be good too. There were no spelling or grammatical errors (which is a big achievement considering there are very less stories here who can accomplish this feat). Another thing which is remarkable, in my opinion, is that the authors has tried well not to project Bella as a one dimensional, thoroughly evil person. Instead, the author focuses on how certain changes in life and problems faced by the character can mold his or her personality towards evil. I agree with this concept because no one is born as a maniacal villain, there are certain factors induced upon him/her by the society or life that shapes his/her character in such a way.

***

If you are looking for a fanfic that is based on Bella's younger years and focuses on how she transitioned from a young girl with dreams and passions to a half deranged power hungry Death Eater, then this is the story for you.

***

It's been such a long time since I read any fanfic here on Wattpad and I am glad that I started with Bella Dearest. Even though it only has a few chapters up for now, the story has great potential to turn out to be absolutely fantastic. Bellatrix is one of those characters who are usually shown in an extremely one dimensional perspective. In most fanfics, she only serves the role of a crazy villain whose sole purpose to exist is destroying the lives of innocent people.

Random_And_Brave it felt quite refreshing to read of Bella as a child just like any other and I appreciate the effort you have put in making her seem like a normal girl who is coping with her mother's loss. Also the fact that you emphasize more on how evil isn't born but created reflects throughout the story and I love that. I really look forward to reading more of this story and wish you best of luck and lots of success.

 I really look forward to reading more of this story and wish you best of luck and lots of success