REVIEW NO 28

The book we are going to review today is Hell Heart by shadystefan 

Now first these are the basics.

Book Name: Hell Heart

Author's account name: shadystefan

Main Characters: Thea Cindercroft, Amara Hedge, Jude Strenegal, the Golden Trio and a few others.

Description:

Her mother always said; be careful Thea. Not everyone is worth burning for.

Chapter Count: 36 and Ongoing.

***

Now let's get on with the review!

***

1. The Title:

The title is symbolic to Thea's character hence it seems a fitting choice to me.

2. The Cover:

The cover is great but the text seems to blend into it instead of standing out due to the color choice. It can be improved by changing the font color or the alignment and position of the title. Or maybe by changing the lightning filters on the photograph.

3. Concept:

The story is based on Thea Cindercroft, a Gryffindor student, and provides her perspective on the events that took place in the Order of the Phoenix and Half Blood Prince.

4. Review (includes Summary too):

The story starts post Triwizard Tournament; Voldemort had returned but the Ministry wasn't acknowledging the facts and Harry Potter was being portrayed as the boy who lied. Due to the Daily Prophet's contribution in spreading rumors about Harry's troubled state and blaming him and Dumbledore for Diggory's death, there are very few people who still believe in Harry. Thea is one of those very few who believed that Harry was telling the truth and Voldemort had indeed returned.

What I think:

The story is written in the third person narrative, however it is focused on Thea Cindercroft so we get to see everything from her perspective. It is written in present tense which I am not so accustomed to reading here, since all the third person narrative stories I have read are usually written in the past tense structure. The story has some of our very lovable characters in vital roles too such as Dean and Seamus (I was so glad that these two were included because normally, fanfic authors tend to avoid them), the Golden Trio and Draco Malfoy. The good thing is that as far as I have read, all the canon characters are portrayed exactly like they are originally, which in itself is an accomplishment because there are many fanfics in which these vital characters often suffer from the OOC syndrome.  

***

If you are looking for a story that offers a different perspective on the events that took place after Voldemort's return and has some additional well thought out characters, then this is the fanfic for you.

***

shadystefan I appreciate how you have thoughtfully crafted Thea Cindercroft's character. The story in itself is very gripping and makes me want to read it till the last page. However, I would suggest you to recheck it and edit it because there are some places where the transitions from present tense to past tense leave the reader confused. Other than that, I totally enjoyed reading Hell Heart. Keep up the good work!

 Keep up the good work!