[N x Reader] Just Smile For Me!

Thank you to Trainer_NofUnova for sending in the first suggestion! Let's get started with the one-shot! The trainer is female in this one-shot!

Also, slight trigger warning, there is an abusive part in here, but it isn't that big.

~~~

Flashback

N's point of view

I quietly sat on the carpet of my room, aimlessly tossing the basketball that's orange paint already fading off the ball. I tossed it towards the wall to only have it bounce back at me. Having caught the ball, I repeat the same process as my bored and dull emerald eyes staring at the wall.

I suddenly heard my door move, making me catch the ball and look towards the person stepping inside the room. I smiled gleefully as I saw my two older sisters, Anthea and Concordia, stepping inside with a Growlithe, Minccino, Lillipup, and Darumaka. Once seeing them, my eyes lit up, it began glistening with happiness.

I quickly stood up and dropped the ball as I opened my arms, watching the four Pokémon run up to me and hug me. I happily wrapped my arms around them all and laughed as my sisters walked over with a joyful smile.

"Hello, N did father visit you...?" Anthea asked as she knelt down to run her fingers through the Lillipup's fur.

I shook my head and patted the Growlithe's head. "Nope, why do you ask?" I asked as the cube around my neck jumped due to the Growlithe pawing it.

"We were just checking..." Concordia said as she smiled while Anthea nodded her head. "Anyways, we aren't here just for that! Come on, let's play!" She said joyously as Anthea stood up and happily nodded her head.

"Alright!" I said happily as the three of us began to play with the four Pokémon.

After 30 minutes passed by, we heard the door swing open, revealing a rather angry Ghetsis. "Anthea and Concordia, what are you two doing with N?!" He asked with an angry tone.

"F-Father we're sorry but-" Anthea said, trying to apologize to our father.

"No buts!" Ghetsis said, "You two out of this room, this instant!" He roared angrily as Anthea and Concordia took a step back in fear.

"Y-Yes father," Anthea and Concordia said in unison as they quickly left the room with the Pokémon following them.

"F-Father- I wanted to play with them..." I said as I frowned. "W-Why can't I play with them...?" I asked.

Ghetsis looked at me angrily and slapped me, making me fall to the ground in pain. "Don't ask me those questions." He snapped as he walked out of the room and slammed the door behind him.

I shakily sat up and placed my small hands over my red cheek. I lightly touched it but instantly flinched from the pain inflicted on that area. I looked at my hand and noticed a little blood on my finger. I began to tear up, realizing that my cheek was bleeding from the slap my father inflicted me with.

I quietly stayed on the floor and curled into a ball while beginning to cry from the pain. I began to question what I did to deserve a painful slap like that. "I-I only wanted to play with my sisters...Is that not allowed...?" I thought to myself as I began to close my eyes, letting sleep invade my mind.