[N X Reader] Hangman !ANGST!

Thank you to Trainer_NofUnova for recommending this. I know this means another Anthea and Concordia one-shot but just bear with me here. After those two, I'll be working on a Soliera one-shot.

Also, warning I guess, there's a death...?

~~~

Y/N's life revolves around the game "hangman". That fun guessing game you play with your friends when you are bored. But for Y/N, this wasn't for fun. She was forced to play this game and risk her entire life just to communicate with a human being. If she didn't do that and spoke directly, she would lose her voice. She learned this when she was younger and because of that, her voice can no longer be heard, only whispers. It was a curse and if someone were to lose that game, her life would be taken in an instant.

Y/N knew this because her mother had the same problem. Her mother passed away when she was only 5 years old and the memories never faded away. Her friend was playing with her mom who was mute by then and lost a game. The entire day, her mom was silent and cold, unresponsive to anything or anyone. The next day she was in her room, hung by the neck, the rope was tied towards the ceiling fan. Y/N wished she could unsee it but it would always linger in her mind.

Y/N shook her head at the thought of her mother and continued to walk with the last Pokémon on her team, an Absol. She had other Pokémon but she released them the day before just because of what she was going to do today. Her Absol frowned, the Pokémon knew what she was going to do and didn't want it to happen. She looked at her and lowly cried in worry.

"It'll be fine..." Y/N mouthed, knowing that her Pokémon can understand what she said. She held the Absol's pokéball in her hand and faintly smiled before crushing it into small bits and pieces. She looked at her Absol and carefully patted her head one last time. "Find a better trainer than me..." she mouthed before dropping the shattered pieces of the pokéball onto the ground and walked off.

Y/N made her way towards a large tree and looked at the rope in her bag. She took it out and began to tie a nose while she reminisced of all the mistakes she made in her past. She knew fully well that if someone were to lose a game of hangman with her, she'll end up like her mother, dead. So it's better if she took her own life instead of waiting for the inevitable. She finally got the rope sturdy on a large branch and tied it around her neck while standing on a rock. She was about to jump down until something unexpected happened.

"Wait! What are you doing?" A voice called out. Y/N looked over to see a boy around the same age as her with long tea-green hair. "P-Please don't!" He called out, making Y/N confused.

Her confusion was suddenly solved once she saw her Absol standing near the boy. "Y-Your pokémon told me what you did- a-and now you're doing this..?!" The boy asked, clearly shocked and scared. "Please, tell me what's wrong so I can help you...!" He said. This boy felt like Y/N was a wonderful trainer, especially if her former Pokémon came running around for help.

Y/N looked at the boy then looked towards her bag to see her notepad. She pointed towards it while biting her lip, no matter what happened, she will still die.

The boy looked at the bag and carefully picked up the notepad. He flipped it to the first page to see a finished game of hangman with the answer being 'My Name Is Y/N' on it. "Y/N huh...? Do you want to play hangman...?" He asked as Y/N only answered by nodding her head.

"So...I'll ask you a question and you'll guide me to the answer...?" The boy asked since he had opened the notepad onto a page that had the answer 'I can't speak, only guide' and on the other side was 'ask me a question'. Y/N nodded her head to the boy's question and still stayed on the rock. If he lost, she'll take her own life so she didn't have to wait for the next day. If he won then she wouldn't know what to do.

"Alright..." The boy said as he drew the hangman's post and looked at Y/N. "Why....?" He asked.

Y/N frowned, such a vague question. She thought for a moment, what would be the best way to answer why she wish she can die. Her mind instantly went to the first thing she thought of, 'depressed'. She lost her family, her voice, she felt like she lost everything and now she wanted to lose her life. She looked at the boy and held out nine fingers.

"A nine lettered word..." The boy said as he nodded his head and drew nine lines for the letters.

The game went on for only a few minutes, the boy was a good guesser, he had 3 chances left though but he found the word. "depressed..." He read out loud and frowned. He looked at Y/N and held his hand towards her. "You don't have to go through this by yourself, let me help...!" He said, his soft and warm voice persuading Y/N a bit.

Y/N looked at the boy and thought for a moment and hesitantly took his hand, accepting his help. The boy smiled widely as he helped Y/N untie the noose around her neck. Once the two did so, the boy carefully helped Y/N down the stone and smiled softly at her.

"I am N, a lot of Pokémon know me around here." N said as he smiled. "And from now on I promise you that I will take care of you."

Y/N softly smiled while tears filled her eyes. "Thank you..." They quietly said.

"W-Woah! You can speak-" N said in shock as his face turned red. "Sorry- I just didn't expect your voice to sound that nice- but y-you're welcome-" N said, a bit embarrassed while still keeping a small smile on his face.

Y/N smiled a little bit at N's expression. She then gave him a bigger smile as a way to say thank you towards him. The two of them began to walk together while Y/N began to think of there was a way to break this so called curse so she can talk to N more, She was growing a bit attached to him. Her Absol walked by her side as she chuckled.

She felt like the future games of hangman may become fun to her now that she has N by her side.

~~~
A/N

I wrote this while I was in school so that's why it sucks... Thank you to Trainer_NofUnova for recommending that I do this and thank you for 100+ reads! I'll try and do a separate A/N for that. If you liked the one-shot, feel free to leave a vote! Thank you for reading and have a wonderful time~

[Created in October 18, 2018]

[Edited in ???]

Word count : 1244