[Bede X F!Reader] My Protective Zoroark

Requested by Dexpair_weeb

~~~

[Y/N] was a young challenger from the Unova region, she is the daughter of Professor Juniper and was tasked to both complete the dex and to understand how their league works.

Media has given Galar a rather bad name due to the fact that not that many Pokemon are found there but that isn't true. Pokemon are allowed to go to Galar as long as they are caught by a trainer. Then, these trainers aren't allowed to release their Pokemon or try to breed them due to risks of Pokemon overflow. It's stupid that people are giving Galar hate due to this.

Anyway, [Y/N] had gotten a letter of endorsement and went through the gyms up till the 5th. The 5th gym was apparently run by an old woman known as Opal but it seems as if she has a prodigy to take over the gym when the time comes. And by an incredible chance, she was the first one to be this prodigy's first gym challenger. 

This is one of [Y/N]'s most exciting gym to face since her ace was weak against this type, her Zoroark. But one thing that also made her excited is her Zoroark's illusion. Not that many people have faced this Pokemon so she couldn't wait to show it off.

After going through the gym challenge, which was just a bunch of questions and battles, it was finally time for the real battle.

It was a quick and simple battle than what [Y/N] anticipated. The opposing trainer, which was apparently named Bede, had simple pokemon that her Pokemon could take on easily.

In the end, she did win. When she began to leave the gym, she heard the boy call out to her.

"Hey! You...!" The gym leader called out before crossing his arms, "Opal said she wanted to talk to you."

[Y/N] raised her eyebrow before looking back at her Zoroark. He was rather disapproving about this but [Y/N] was curious. She looked back at the boy and nodded her head. "Sure," She calmly said before the boy brought her to the backstage where Opal was waiting.

While Opal spoke to [Y/N] about her style of battling, especially since she used a Pokemon that was weak to fairy types, her Zoroark glared at Bede. He may have caught a small bit of affection towards this foreign trainer.

At the end of the conversation, Bede cautiously approaches the two after being called over by Opal and was instructed to be in contact with [Y/N] every once in a while.

When they allowed [Y/N] to leave and continue her journey, Bede caught up to her before she could enter the forest.

"Excuse me, [Y/N]," He called out, making the two turn around to face him. "Would you like me to escort you back to Hammerlocke?" He asked.

The Zoroark growled in protest but he was quickly hushed by his trainer. "Sure, it beats walking all the way back there with the two of us."

"Fantastic," Bede said with a small smile on his face. "I'll call the flying taxi," He told her.

"Ah, right, those exist," [Y/N] said with a laugh, "I forget those exist, I'm always used to having my own Pokemon flying me there."

"Oh? Unova does that?" Bede asked as he spotted their flying taxi nearby and motioned them to follow him.

"Yeah, why does this region have this instead of letting the trainers use their own Pokemon." [Y/N] asked as the three of them got on, including their Pokemon.

Bede laughed in his regular, arrogant self. "Well, beforehand, there was a lot of air traffic caused by trainers flying around so they needed a system where they can limit it to only permitted trainers can fly other trainers around, hence, the flying taxi."

The Zoroark barked in order to shift the attention away from Bede, making [Y/N] laugh. "Sorry, my Zoroark is rather clingy and protective so he acts like this," She apologizes before smiling at Bede. "It's interesting that you know these stuff, does Opal require you to know these?"

"Yeah, it' mandatory for the gym," He states. Bede began to feel his heart race over her laughs and the way she smiled. It seems that he caught feelings for this stranger.

When they reached Hammerlocke, the two bid their farewells before [Y/N] left. As she walked away, she crossed her arms and sighed at her Zoroark. "You have to stop being so protective, I'll be fine by myself." She told her Zoroark, getting a small whimper as an apology. "It's fine, I know you sometimes don't mean it."

+++

As time goes on, the two kept frequently meeting up. [Y/N]'s Zoroark grew to somewhat stand Bede and his aggression towards Bede dialed down a bit but he kept acting up to keep her away from it. But in the end, the Zoroark realized that he shouldn't be restraining his trainer from having feelings with anyone so he began trying to restrain his aggression for his trainer. [Y/N] was a bit happy but she told her Zoroark that he can still act protective and that he doesn't have to restrain it because it was one of the personality traits that made him what he is. In addition to that, Bede was already used to it. It eventually led to Bede and Zoroark being friendly towards each other and even to Zoroark helping him confess to [Y/N]. The two now are happily together while both took on their individual dreams and always made time to meet up with each other to spend time together.

~~~

A/N

Ahhh- The ending was rushed and I'm seriously sorry! When I get to edit this, it'll be better. I'm super sorry, I'm currently in a time crunch and I have to finish this section.

Up next : Milo x Kuudere!F!Reader

Created on December 30, 2019

Edited on ?

Word Count : 961