[Silver X M!Reader] My Beloved Opponent

~~~

Silver as running until a boy around his age stopped him on his tracks. "What do you want?" Silver asked harshly while the boy looked at him, clearly speechless. "What? Are you gonna keep staring?" He asked harshly.

The boy responded with a quick chuckle before smiling. "Nah, I was just wondering why you were in such a rush," He said as he held out his hand for a handshake. "I'm Y/N, you are?" He asked politely.

"I'm Silver..." Silver introduced himself as he hesitantly shook Y/N's hand. Both of them had their cheeks red. "You have a Pokemon..." He said as he looked at Y/N's Cyndaquil. "Why don't we battle? Either way, I'd beat you."

"Awh, let's see about that," Y/N said with a grin on his face as the two began to battle each other.

===

Silver sighed heavily while he stood outside of Azalea Town. He had his arms crossed while he stared up at the sky, impatiently waiting for something or someone.

Silver soon heard footsteps approaching him, he looked down to see his rival and crush, Y/N. He felt his cheeks turn slightly red while glanced at him.

"Hm, look who it is..." Silver said, having a harsh tone. He was trying to seem threatening but to Y/N, it didn't work.

Y/N simply chuckled as he crossed his arms while looking at Silver. "Look, it's mister 'I'll be the champion so screw off'!" He said with a wide grin on his face.

"Ugh, jeez, you're annoying," Silver said as he shook his head.

"Let me guess, you want to battle?" Y/N said as he looked at him while raising an eyebrow.

Silver chuckled as he nodded his head and sent out his Croconaw. "Duh, now, let's go. I want to beat you as fast as possible." He simply said.

===

Silver stood at the victory road and huffed angrily. He crossed his arms and waited for his rival to appear. "Where in the world is he..?!" He asked impatiently.

Silver soon sighed as he spotted Y/N running towards him with his Typhlosion running after him. "Hey, hey Silver!" Y/N greeted happily.

"You're finally here," Silver said as he took out his Sneasel. "You know the routine."

Y/N grinned widely as his Typhlosion stepped forward. "Mhm, good luck," Y/N said as he stuck out his tongue, causing Silver to lightly blush.

"You'll be the one needing it," Silver said as the two of them began to battle.

===

After the battle, Silver sighed as he called his Feraligatr back to his Pokeball. He glanced up to Y/N and frowned. "You are still stronger than me..." He commented.

Y/N chuckled as he walked towards Silver and cupped his cheeks. "Don't be that way! You've gotten stronger, all you need to is strengthen the bond between you and your Pokemon!" He said as his cheeks were red.

Silver gazed into Y/N's [eye color] eyes while feeling his face grow red. "If you think so..." He commented, feeling his heart race.