[Anthea X F!Reader] Hanahaki

Hah, The Goddess Of Love combined with the Hanahaki. I'm gonna make this as angst as it could be, watch.

⇛══════════⇚
One-Shot
Begin
⇛══════════⇚

Y/N stood by the sidelines, fidgeting with her sleeves anxiously as she glanced across the room. She spotted a familiar pink-haired girl being surrounded by boys which made her a bit jealous. Y/N really liked that girl, her name is Anthea. However, Y/N has never gathered the courage of greeting her.

As days go by, a strange sensation grew in Y/N's chest. It was painful yet she didn't know what it was. One day, while walking around her home in search of her book, she began coughing. Y/N placed her hand over her mouth and felt something touch the palm of her hand. She took her hand away from her mouth and saw a single petal on her palm.

"Strange..." Y/N thought to herself. "I never thought I ate a flower before...?"

She soon discarded the flower petal and continued to search for her book.

===

As the days go by, Y/N continued to cough out more flower petals each time. She soon grew tired of it and had to learn more about it. She approached her desktop and opened up the search engine. She soon searched up the reason why she was coughing out petals and soon enough, her eyes widened in shock.

The results were all about 'Hanahaki Disease'. She had heard of it before but not clearly. She continued to do her research as tears began falling form her eyes. All of these connected to one thing, unrequited love. She felt pain in her heart as she coughing out another petal.

"Anthea...She doesn't like me...?" She quietly whispered out loud as she felt her tears run down her cheek. She soon held her knees across her chest and looked at the monitor, seeing the results on how to help her out. It was either Anthea returned the same feelings for her, it gets surgically removed, or Y/N ends up dying. Out of all the options, Y/N didn't want to do the surgery. It scared her. And if she were to do that, she could no longer love Anthea.

At that moment, it was settled. Y/N had to confess as soon as possible. Yet, she didn't know how to start. She soon coughed a bit harder than usual, she felt pain in her lungs as she coughed out a flower, covered with her blood. Her eyes widen in fear as she  glanced back at the monitor. She knew her time was running out.

Y/N suddenly remembered that she is friends with N, Anthea's younger foster-brother. He is normally busy however he always makes time for his friends so it might work.

Y/N threw the flower on the ground and quickly wiped her hands and her mouth before entering a chat with N.

Y/N : "Hey N, it's me Y/N."

N : "Ah! Y/N, it's fantastic to talk to you, it's been a long period of time since we communicated."

Y/N : "Yeah, I know. A lot of things could happen in a few weeks."

Y/N : "Anyways, I need your help."

N : "Oh, of course! Anything for a friend."

Y/N : "You know the Hanahaki Disease, correct?"

N : "Oh course I do."