[Hugh X Reader] Phonophobia !Warning!

! Bombing warning? !

Phonophobia

Phonophobia or fear of loud noises refers to a condition where a person shows a persistent and unwarranted fear of sounds.

Note, this is based on how I experience Phonophobia. I believe there are many effects and such but this one-shot is based on how I would feel in that situation.

~~~

Y/N's day started off like any normal day. Being a trainer meant that she gets to travel every day with her Pokemon. She was casually walking around Nimbasa City with headphones on, but not listening to anything in particular. She looked at her Krokorok and Dewott and smiled softly.

"Are you ready?" Y/N asked the both of them in a soft voice. The two Pokemon looked at each other then back at Y/N to nod their heads. "Alright...! Let's get going!" Y/N said as she began to walk to the gym with both of her Pokemon.

===

Once she arrived, she had to take off her headphones in order to hear what Elesa, the gym leader, would say. As she did so, she heard loud conversations, cameras flashing, and people cheering, which made her heartbeat quicken in fear. She took a deep breath, trying to calm herself down.

What she didn't know was that her gym battle with Elesa was going to be recorded and streamed, which meant her rival, which was also her friend and crush, would be watching.

===

As the battle concluded between the two, loud cheers erupted through the room, causing Y/N's heartbeat to beat faster. As that happened, she felt both sides of her head throb in pain, but she chose to ignore it.

Elesa began to talk before a loud explosion was heard right behind both Elesa and Y/N, causing the two to fall and injure themselves. Loud screams were heard across the gyms as everyone began to evacuate. Y/N winced in pain, trying to open her eyes but only saw spots and flashing lights, which were alarming to her. She closed her eyes tightly and stayed still while feeling tears stream down her face. She was terrified to the point that she was paralyzed in fear.

Two people ran up to carry Elesa out of the gym while another boy with red eyes and dark blue hair ran towards Y/N and carried her in his arms. Y/N felt the boy and opened one of her eyes to barely see the boy and recognized him instantly. It was Hugh, her rival, friend, and crush. She didn't know how to react since she was shivering in fear.

Hugh hugged Y/N in his arms as he ran out the burning building. "It's alright Y/N, you'll be safe...!" He said, making Y/N wince from how loud his voice was to her.

After Hugh exited the building with Y/N in his arms, people directed him towards the ambulance and got both of them inside. Hugh carefully placed Y/N on the bed.

"Y/N, are you alright...? I-If so then say something, alright?" Hugh asked, showing his concern for his best friend.

"L-lower your v-voice..." Y/N whimpered as she tightly gripped his arms in pain.

Hugh's eyes widened as he recalled Y/N's fear of loud sounds and how it gave her migraines. He bit his lip, growing more worried. "S-sorry..." He quietly whispered as he got Y/N's bag. "You have your medicine...? For your migraine...?" He asked quietly.