[Allister X NB!Timid!Reader] My Ghostly Knight

Requested by @xXWynter_Xx
I hope you don't mind me using a NB (Non-binary [They/Them]) reader
~~~

[Y/N] made their way to Stow-on-side with their Pokémon, excited to battle the gym leader in this town. They along with Hop, their rival, got letters of endorsements from the champion himself, Leon. They weren't the strongest or the bravest yet but they put up a fight against anyone. They sometimes have a little breakdown before each gym fight because- who wouldn't??? A crowded space with people chanting while you battle to make sure you don't disappoint anyone?? Who wouldn't be so scared?

Aside from being excited to face the gym, they knew it was Allister. The two were good friends before they had to move far away. And the timid trainer had a little crush on the boy but didn't admit it. That also meant that the feeling only grew stronger.

But this time, it wasn't the best time. Going through the previous route was hard enough, most of their team was about to faint and they didn't have enough healing items because they used it up close to the beginning of the route. [Y/N] sighed softly as they looked at their Cinderace and gave him a little grin. "We're close to the Pokécenter," They told him as the both let out a sigh of relief.

"EY!"

[Y/N] turned around and saw a group of people approaching them with an 'R'. They took a free steps back and held their bag's strap tightly. "W-Who are you..?" They asked with a timid voice.

One of them laughed. "Team Rocket of course! Dumb—"

"Give is your Pokémon!" Another one said.

"I-If you want a battle, you have to wait- I-I need to heal my team...!" [Y/N] begged.

"Hah, we ain't gonna let you get your chance to run away!"

[Y/N] cowered in fear as they were surrounded by this group. When they were close to them, their legs crumbled underneath them, causing them to fall to their knees. 'Wait...! Team rocket— I've heard of them...!' The color of their skinned drained away as the realization hit them. 'I-I'm doomed!'

"H-Hey!"

A voice called out, gaining everyone's attention, even the passerby's.

It was Allister, the ghost-type gym leader of the town. He is known to rarely go out in public but he is out here. It surprised [Y/N] immensely as he approached the group while his hands were shaking from confronting them.

"L-Leave them be," He demanded with his soft voice.

"Hah!" One of them laughed. "Or what? You'll cry for help!?" They shoved him back a bit, causing him to tumble backwards.

"Hahaha! Why the hell did they choose HIM to be a gym leader!" Another laughed.

"He's strong...!" [Y/N] called out to the group, getting their attention. When they did so, they flinched and cowered in fear.

Before any trouble could have started, Allister had sent out his Gengar. "I said- leave them be.." He repeated himself as his Gengar roared in a threatening manner.

The passerby's began to chant, they all cheered for Allister as he confronted Team Rocket.

"Hah, you can't do anything to our—" As the Team Rocket grunt spoke, Allister had his Gengar use venoshock at their Pokémon.