[Faba X F!Reader] Hey there, Stranger [ANGST!]

Requested by @Emily_scyther25
Aha, I'm sorry that you probably expected a Fluff and not Angst-
~~~

Faba groaned in annoyance as [Y/N] sighs. "Faba, it's not gonna work," she lectured him as she watched him fiddle with a machine.

The two were coworkers and really good friends that work under the Aether Foundation. They were working on a contraption that should be able to open a wormhole so they can find out what Pokémon exist in that area. They were tasked with this ever since the leader's husband was sucked in because of those things.

"It will!" He argued as he pressed the button. The two took a few steps back as they hear the machine whirring. After a few seconds, a small explosion occurred in the machine.

When Faba heard this, he groaned in frustration as he punched the machine. He swore loudly as [Y/N] sighed.

"Let's just take a break today," She told him as she placed her hand on his shoulder. He immediately slapped her hand off from his shoulder and flared at her.

"If you want to take a break, go ahead!" He yelled, "Don't blame me if you lose your job here." He turned back to the machine and began working on it.

[Y/N] flinched before she turned around and walked off. Her eyes began watering as she tried to wipe it away. She knew that Faba cared about the leader more than he cared about her. She knew that he likes the leader and he wants to let her be happy. [Y/N] stood outside the building before sighing.

When she arrived at her home, she sat on her desk and looked at the blueprints. She covered her face and began crying. She looked at it once more before getting up and walking to a pile of materials on the side of her room. She began rummaging through those materials, trying to find the materials needed.

As days fly by, [Y/N] kept calling on saying that she'd be working at home each day. As she kept doing that, Faba began to realize how boring it was working by himself.

He began questioning whether he was to harsh on his work partner. Faba wanted to keep his job but by doing so, he could have nearly cut ties with the one person he knew for over a decade. He secretly liked [Y/N] but he kept telling her that he liked someone else which was a big mistake.

Finally, [Y/N] came to the Aether Paradise but with a strange contraption with her. Faba noticed her and quickly ran over. "[Y/N]!" He called out before earning a cold gaze from his friend.

"Yeah?" She asked. When Faba got a good look at her, he realized how hard she had worked on this. She had bags under her eyes and her skin was paler than her usual skin tone.

"Are you—" Faba was cut off by Lusamine approaching the two.

"Hello to the two of you," She greeted. "[Y/N] told me that you both finished a machine that has the potential to summon a wormhole?"

"Wh-" Faba looked at [Y/N], he was about to ask what Lusamine meant but she cut him off by answering Lusamine.

"Yes," She responded instantly.

"Fantastic, please follow me," Lusamine demanded as she began to walk with the two following from behind.

When the three arrive in the testing chamber, [Y/N] motioned Faba over to show him what to do.

Faba looked at her, rather confused. "[Y/N], why did you say the both of us-? You—"

"It'll benefit you, she won't take away your job and if it does work, you'll get a promotion," [Y/N] told him with a faint smile.

"How about—" Faba was immediately shushed by [Y/N].

"Here, I'll show you how to use it," [Y/N] told Faba before showing him how it functioned.

After a minute or two, both of them started the machine as Lusamine watched. A wormhole began to form in front of the three and they all gasped in awe.

"Incredible..!" Lusamine gasped as a sinister smile began to form.

The two stood beside Lusamine before a strange creature emerged from the wormhole. The creature began reaching out to Faba, who was too shocked to move out of the way.

"FABA!" [Y/N] yelled as she jumped in the way and shoved Faba out of the way. Before she could also get out of the way, the creature grabbed her and began to pull her into the wormhole.

"[Y/N]!" Faba called out as he tried to grab her.

"Go shut the machine down!" She yelled as she tried to escape the creature's grasp.

Faba ran towards the machine and tried to shut it down but as he was doing that, [Y/N] was dragged into the wormhole. When he shut it down properly, [Y/N] was already gone.

He stood there in shock as he began tearing up.

"Congratulations, Faba," Lusamine said with a rather sinister smile. "You've been promoted."

———

As the months flew by, Faba had kept on working on the machine, hoping to get the wormhole to open so he could get [Y/N] back. He never realized how much she meant to him until that had happened. He couldn't stand this feeling of lonesome, with her, everything was just better. She lit up his world but now that she's gone, all the colors of the world practically faded away.

He walked around one of the islands, hoping to catch a breath of fresh air until he saw a familiar figure playing with a little Mimikyu. His eyes lit up as soon as he recognized the figure. It was [Y/N]! Somehow, she must have escaped the wormhole.

He began running towards her, calling out her name. "[Y/N]! [Y/N]!" He yelled until he was able to hug her.

She stood there in shock before Faba let her go. "Haha, hey there, stranger," she greeted with a little smile. "Am I supposed to know you?"

~~~
A/N

I'm sorry if you expected fluff but I just thought of this idea and I was just rolling with it. Whoops-

Next up : Marnie X Reader

Created on December 8th, 2019
Edited on ?

Word count : 1053