Chapter Fifteen- Bugs

Lame. That's what Golf Ball thought about couples. She wrinkled her nose at a green-haired girl and the boy with flaming hair from earlier kissing. In public! Ugh. Her day was also taking a bad turn. She didn't get Basketball as a roommate, instead, she got a sassy girl called Flower who called her "Shorty" she walked into the room. Golf Ball had lectured her about discrimination and she kicked Golf Ball with her Non-Slip Shoes So Ha. Her leg still hurt. Even worse, Basketball wasn't even going to be in her class! She finished up her sandwich angrily.

(P.S: Autocorrect made "kicked" become "killed" because of my typo. XD)

"Tennis Ball!" she whined. "I hate dumb people who kiss each other in front of other people! Do they have no shame?"

"Come on, Golf Ball!" Basketball said, "Don't judge others based on one thing they do. Who knows, they could be nice!" She took a sip of the hot chocolate that she ordered from the lobby cafe. 

"Really?" Golf Ball asked sarcastically, "Even if they kick you with their Non-Slip Shoes So Ha?" She fidgeted with the tassels on the edge of the sofa.

Tennis Ball sat up so quickly that he almost knocked the drink out of Basketball's hand. "Who did?" he asked urgently. 

"This girl named Flower." she scowled, rubbing her calf, which was still throbbing.

"I'll show her-" Basketball started angrily, standing up so suddenly that she almost spilled the hot chocolate on herself.

"It's fine, guys." Golf Ball waved them off, "I can deal with her myself."

Tennis Ball smiled at her. "I'm sure you can, Golf Ball."

"Yeah, your revenge ideas are always so creative! I'm glad I'm your friend and not your enemy!" Basketball laughed, sitting back down.

"She better prepare for a lot of poisonous bugs in her bed tonight..." she said.

Basketball and Tennis Ball both nodded.

...

Golf Ball headed back to her dorm. As she opened the door, she breathed a sigh of relief that Flower wasn't there. She sat down on her king-sized bed with silk blankets and pillows made with high-quality materials. Kicking her shoes onto Flower's pink and yellow-themed bedspread, she lay in a starfish position on her bed, soaking up all the space. Her phone rang on the desktop near her bed and she spoke into the earpiece that was programed to transfer calls to her, no matter where she was. 

"Yes?" she asked.

"GOLF BALL!!" she mother's voice rang from the earpiece so loudly that she bolted upright and yanked off her earpiece in surprise. 

After turning down the volume, she yelled: "YES, MOTHER??????????????? WHAT THE HECK DO YOU WANT FROM ME NOW????????????" This was the twentieth time her mother had called her since she came to the academy, usually asking whether they assigned any homework yet.

"YOUNG LADY, I DON'T APPRECIATE THE TONE THAT YOU ARE DISPLAYING TO ME IN THIS MEANINGFUL CONVERSATION!!!!!!!!" her mom yelled back shamelessly.

"BUT, MOTHER, THEY ALREADY SAID THAT THEY WEREN'T GIVING ANY ASSIGNMENTS YET!!!!!"

"WHO CARES?!?!?! I PAID FOR YOUR TUITION AND THEY BETTER START EDUCATING YOU THIS INSTANT!!!!!!!"

"MOTHER!!!! THIS WAS FREE!!!!!"

"WHATEVER WOULD YOU MEAN? THIS IS AN ACADEMY, THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT OF IT! i'M GOING TO SPEAK TO YOU EDUCATORS RIGHT NOW AND DEMAND THEM ASSIGN YOU SOME HOMEWORK, OR ELSE I'LL SUE THEM IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!"

"MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!!!!" Golf Ball roared into her earpiece and angrily flung it across the room. 

"Young lady, you-" her mother's voice was cut off as the earpiece powered off. Golf Ball lay back again and sighed in frustration.

RING!!!!!! Her phone rang again, and without bothering to look at the number, she yelled into it: "MOTHER, YOU JUST CALLED ME A FEW SECONDS AGO!!!!!!"

"Golf Ball?" her mother laughed. Wait, no. Her mother never laughed. This wasn't her mother. Her cheeks turned bright red when she recognized the voice.

"Sorry, Tennis Ball," she said sheepishly, "I thought you were my mother."

"No, it's fine, I understand." he said kindly, "I was just calling to see if you were okay, and if Flower is still bothering you."

Golf Ball looked at the empty bed next to her. "Flower didn't come back yet."

"Oh, okay, call me if she bothers you!" Tennis Ball said, "See you pretty soon!" He hanged up and Golf Ball sat back happily. The day was going pretty well. She ordered her drone to fetch some bugs from her underground factory and poured them under Flower's covers. She would soon see Flower's reaction. What could go wrong?