Chapter Sixteen- A Need In Life

Coiny

Coiny ran away from Firey and those two girls. He felt blush spreading along his cheeks, and he felt perplexed. Why in the name of heck was he blushing?! Coiny ran to the boy's bathroom down in the lobby and splashed water on his cheeks. The water was cool, and it helped him relax. 

Life was not fair. His dad was always drinking and spending money, and his mom was drowning him in crazed expectations of him getting rich so his parents could benefit from it. Finally, this trip led him to getting to send some time away from his harassing parents. But, without knowing it, he had talked to Firey like his parents had talked to him. He had regretted it, but for some reason, it made him feel better about his life. The angry look on Firey's face made him feel like he wasn't the only one experiencing the pain.

In other words, he was jealous of Firey's happiness.

Coiny sat down in one of the stalls and, without realizing it, noticed water splashing on his hand. He wiped at his eyes, and his hand came back wet.

Why am I crying? he wondered.

But then that red-haired girl came up in his thoughts. What was her name? He can't believe that he forgot to ask her again when she refused. His cheeks warmed up again. Did that mean... he liked her?

...

Tennis Ball

Tennis Ball put down his phone, smiling. It was always so nice to talk to Golf Ball. She was so smart, and nice, and full of great ideas. He always looked forward to hearing her talk. After all, she's his best friend! 

No, she was more than a friend. She was like his sister. He saw how her parents drowned her in expectations no other person he knew had. He felt protective around her. His goal was to take care of her in a way her parents never would.

Golf Ball needs someone who can support her and help her. That's what I'm here for. Tennis Ball thought, his smile widening as he lay down on his bed.

...

Blocky

"Blocky's Funny Doings now has 700k followers!" Eraser told Blocky, looking up from his computer.

"Excellent!" Blocky said happily, "We're really doing well!"

This Youtube channel was the only thing Blocky did that he was proud of in his entire life. Nothing else really made him as happy as this, working together with his friends to make videos. But that incident with the boy named Firey really shook him. Why did he act like that?

Blocky thought about it for a few moments, and realized the answer.

He was jealous.

For Blocky's entire life, she had wanted to have a power. A fire elementalist is what he had been wanted to be since he could remember. And today, meeting a fire elementalist, he had hoped that he knew his Youtube channel. But when Firey said he didn't know, Blocky didn't know why he got so upset. Why?

This made him feel bad. He made a mental note to apologize to him.