Chapter Twenty- Eight: Obstacle Course Part Two: The Second Contest

Coiny heard a scream as he teetered on his fourth disc dangerously. He swerved his heard towards the source of the noise, and saw the girl, the one with red and silver hair that had been with Firey earlier- Pin- fall into the acid.

"PIN!" Leafy screamed. She watched helplessly. Coiny stared in horror at her sinking body. There was nothing he could do.

He caught Needle staring at him with a weird look on her face. He turned towards her and shrugged. She realized that he was watching and turned her focus back to the first tottering disc in front of her.

Firey was just walking through the jets of water like it was nothing, and Coiny realized that Firey must be immune to water now. But... how? Coiny pondered over the question in his head, turning it around and around in confusion, trying to find a logical solution.

An ear splitting shriek erupted like a siren, almost making Coiny lose his balance as he landed on his next disc. He rubbed his ears, wincing, as he saw Match had fallen in. Then he realized that Pin was back- Flower, too. They were back to their first discs, looking warily at the acid. 

But Pin was back!

Needle made a funny noise, and Coiny realized that he was staring. Snowball, Firey, Leafy, and a hand full of others were already on their second section with the flaming fireballs.

Coiny tried to keep up his act. He leapt forward and finally made it to the second section.

He dodged the fireballs frantically, avoiding the deadly orbs. Pencil wailed like a banshee somewhere on his right and fell into the acid on her last disc.

Many others were restarting, and now Coiny was in the top half. He breathed a sigh of relief. Firey, no surprise, was already on the lasers. Though now he was moving much more slowly, since he couldn't just solve this obstacle with a blast of fire.

Teardrop was also on the lasers. Leafy just floated over the lasers, but, rather unfortunately, the wind shifted and hurled her towards the lasers like a boomerang. 

"AAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" she screamed as she hurled towards the laser, but a blast of water lifted her up. It was TD, and she smiled at Leafy, alos boosting herself forward at the same time with a jet of water.

"Thanks, Teardrop! I owe you one!" Leafy responded.

Firey caught on, and he used his fire to breeze him over the danger.

Coiny barely dodged a fireball hurling straight at his nose, then sidestepped another aiming viciously for his foot. 

FIREY- FIRST. Announcer said.

Coiny sighed. Firey always won at these  fighting challenges so easily. He got fifty- nine kills last contest!

Coiny squeezed past the lasers after quite some time, and by then, he was now in the back half.

He emerged from the forest of shiny green jets of light and saw a massive, fifty foot tall robot standing in front of him. He gulped, but as it charged forward, Coiny hit his fist against its side, leaving a small dent. The robot was made of metal. Coiny flexed his fingers and clenched them, willing them to turn to copper. He swung his first and the robot, and the robot bashed him into the wall. He gasped and spit out blood. His ribs felt broken, but he got back up. The robot charged shamelessly towards him, and he braced for impact.

The robot slammed its fist into Coiny's chest, and he flung the other direction, this time crashing even harder against the wall. Coiny willed with all his might for his body to become as strong as copper, but this was a hard feat. A move that only certain metal objects had the ability to do, with stunningly horrific side effects. But it was too late to think about that now.

Coiny felt copper spreading over his body, sending tingles through his spine. He turned his head up to face the robot. It looked ready to charge again. And so it did.

Coiny ran towards it as well. The force caused by their bodies slamming into each other caused the ground underneath them to crack, and Coiny slammed his arm straight towards the robot's chest, now that he had knocked it over. It's CPU should be there, hopefully. 

This time, luck was on his side. The robot's eyes went blank, and Coiny heard Announcer's voice saying that he was fifth to defeat the robot, and he plunged into oblivion.