Chapter Fifty-Five- Final Contest Day One (Part Two)

Leafy didn't want to call out Pin and Firey's names, that would possibly give out unwanted attention. So she just silently trekked around the island. It was pretty quiet, it seemed that most people didn't leave their islands yet.

"WOODY WAS FROZEN TO DEATH BY SNOWBALL!" Announcer's voice shouted. Leafy looked up in surprise, the voice seemed to be coming from above. There was a huge projection of Announcer's face in the sky, at the top of a barrier that leafy hadn't noticed. "FIRST KILL!"

Leafy noticed another chest under a bit of rubble. After easily prying the rocks aside, Leafy used her small knife to pry it open. Inside was a sword with words engraved in it. It said that the sword could strike the person it touches with lightning, but she could only use it five times before it would disappear magically.

Not... bad.

Leafy slung the sword onto her makeshift palm-frond strap near her waist. She then picked up the next item. It was a scabbard with a belt and a backpack.

That was useful. Leafy ditched her makeshift strap and stuffed everything except for her knife, sword, and potion into the backpack and slung it across her shoulders. She quickly slid the sword into the scabbard and, put the potion into her pocket instead of the tent, and palmed her knife.

"Leafy!" A voice hissed.

Leafy turned around to see Pin. 

"Pin!" Leafy headed over to her friend, who was hiding in the bushes. "What items did you get?"

"I just got onto this island. I was delayed because I went to steal some food from the person at the base next to me." Pin showed Leafy a small bottle of water, an energy drink ("That's the one I stole." Pin informed), a packet of ketchup ("See, this is why I had to get more food."), A bag of shrimp chips, a small tent, and a blanket.

Leafy showed Pin her items.

"Woah, you're lucky." Pin said.

"Here, you want it?" Leafy offered her sword to Pin, "I'm no good at wielding other elementalist swords."

"Sure." Pin accepted the sword from Leafy. "Do you want to use my hair as a knife?"

""Sure." Leafy said.

Pin borrowed the knife from Leafy and slashed off her hair. Now her used-to-be almost waist long hair was only a little longer than her shoulders.

"Been saving up my hair in case of something like this." Pin laughed. She slid a hand along her hair and it all morphed into a long, sharp knife. She handed it to Leafy.

"Thanks!" Leafy said in amazement. She gripped the knife in her hand. It was just as sharp as a regular knife, and felt exactly like one as well.

"I saw Firey a few islands down from me." Just as Pin was talking, Announcer's voice echoed through the arena again.

"ROCKY WAS KNOCKED OFF HIS ISLAND BY BLOCKY! SECOND KILL!"

"Two kills already?" Pin asked in disbelief.

"I wonder if Firey's okay." Leafy said worriedly.

"I'm sure he's oka-"

"DAVID WAS BURNED TO DEATH BY FIREY! THIRD KILL!"

"See?" Pin told her.

"Ha-ha, I guess you're right."

Suddenly, Leafy heard movement behind her. She turned around quickly with her knife pointing in that direction. It was Spongy. He looked ultra fat today, and was already munching on his food.

Leafy stabbed Spongy in the stomach.

Spongy's eyes widened. "Uh-woh." he said as he fell over, dead. Some weird liquid was seeping out of him.

"SPONGY WAS STABBED IN THE STOMACH BY LEAFY! FOURTH KILL!"

Leafy was shocked. How come she killed Spongy so quickly? Poor Spongy... he didn't deserve this. But Firey already killed someone, too... and this was the game, right? Killing was inevitable. 

"Woah, you actually killed him." Pin said.

"Now I have his blood on my hands." Leafy said bitterly, still feeling bad.

"It's fine, Leafy. He'll get revived." Pin tried to comfort her.

Leafy was distracted by some berries in a bush. They looked sort of like purple blueberries.

"Pin," Leafy pointed to the bush, "There's some yoyleberries."