Chapter Forty-Seven- The Sixth Contest Part Two

"Okay, we know that Leafy control's Blocky's." Golf Ball said. "Now, Snowball, swerve to the right!"

Snowball swerved, grumbling. His wheel turned.

"Okay, Snowball is controlling his own wheel." Golf Ball said as the others all swerved to counter, almost getting knocked off the bridge. "Next, Blocky, you do it!"

Blocky swerved slightly. Firey's turned.

"Excellent!" Golf Ball said, "So Blocky's controls Firey's, and Firey's controls Leafy's!"

"Then let's win this thing!" Leafy said.

...

Now that the knew the controls, it was a breeze. Unfortunately, Tennis Ball's team passed the second finish line first.

"We have to pass the last one first!" Golf Ball said, "Then we'll win!"

"But this one is the hard one." Firey said.

"Whatever! Let's go!" Snowball said, plopping down at the lead seat.

Firey sat behind him, then Blocky, Leafy, and Golf Ball.

"Why is the speed and brake button all the way back here?!" she complained, "I can't see anything!"

"That's the point of teamwork." Firey said.

They zoomed off.

"Aaahhhh!!!! It's toppling!" Firey said.

"We need to figure out which wheel is which!" Golf Ball called, "Or else we won't be able to balance correctly!"

"But there are six wheels!" Blocky said.

"Okay, Leafy, swerve lightly." Golf Ball instructed.

Leafy turned her wheel and two of the wheels under them turned slightly, the ones in the very front and back.

Blocky turned his and three wheels turned.

Firey turned and nothing happened. Which meant Snowball controlled the last one.

"Now, there's the problem with the speed and brakes..." Golf Ball muttered, "That they switch every five seconds..."

The cart raced sideways.

"SWERVE!!!!!" Snowball shouted. "TO THE RIGHT!!!!"

They all turned to the right, narrowly missing an acid bullet.

"Golf Ball, brakes!" Snowball shouted.

Golf Ball knew that now the brakes switched with the speed, so she pressed the opposite button. They screeched to a stop just as a log rolled ahead of them.

They dodged and swerved, hit the brakes and sped ahead.

Golf Ball had excellent control, and the others weren't shabby at steering.

They zoomed across the finish.

"Score!" Leafy cheered.