Chapter Fifty-Six- Final Contest Day One (Part Three)

Leafy grabbed a handful of them. 

"These would probably be useful." she told Pin, "I can boost my strength if I'm made of metal."

"Let's take the whole bush." Pin suggested. So they picked it dry and shoved all the berries into Leafy's backpack, with a handful in their pockets each. "Let's get you some more gear." Leafy suggested, "And then go find Firey. I wonder what's taking him so long..."

...

Firey dodged a flaming rock from a boy with gray hair and flaming eyes. Being immune to fire didn't help with impact.

The boy flung his hands up towards the air, and more flaming rocks levitated out of thin air and he blasted them at Firey.

Firey threw back a handful of flames in response and realized that he had to run. He sprinted away as fast as he could, using fire the blast him forward like a jet pack. Firey was getting tired. He couldn't attack the boy and fight Evil Leafy effectively at the same time. So all he could do is run.

Using his fire, he jumped to the next island and kept going around. He landed heavily on Tennis Ball's island, slid across Bubble's, and landed on Blue Whirl's.

"Help me!" Firey cried.

Blue Whirl looked at him, surprised. "Sure. Who are you fighting?"

"This dude with flaming eyes and gray hair. He's not a fire elementalist, so I think he's a Universal." Firey told her.

"Let's get to central." Blue Whirl suggested, "We can meet up with your girlfriend."

"Blue!" Firey complained.

"Ha-ha, sorry."

...

Golf Ball stared in disgust at her supplies. Seriously? A single tangerine, a drop of water in a cup, and a Tennis Ball-proof tent? What use was a Tennis Ball-proof tent? Golf Ball decided to just take them along and go to Central. Hopefully Tennis Ball, Basketball, and 8-Ball would have something good.

...

Leafy and Pin opened a chest under a statue of a dead frog. Inside was six vitamins that gave random abilities, a blue backpack with "I love Icy" on it, and a single arrow.

"Seriously?" Pin asked, "What use is a single arrow without a bow?"

Leafy handed Pin the backpack and stashed the arrow inside. "Maybe we can find a bow in one of the other chests."

"Yeah, sure thing." Pin said.

They were just about to get up when they heard Announcer's voice again:

"YELLOW FACE WAS KNOCKED INTO THE ACID BY METEOR! FIFTH KILL! TV WAS OVERPOWERED BY LIGHTNING! SIXTH KILL! ROBOTY WAS ALSO OVERPOWERED BY LIGHTNING'S ELECTRICAL SHOCK! SEVENTH KILL! CLOCK WAS ALSO OVERPOWERED BY LIGHTNING! EIGHTH KILL! FANNY SHORT-CIRCUITED TO LIGHTNING! NINTH KILL!"

"Lightning sounds dangerous." Leafy whispered.

"Well, it makes sense that he destroyed so many things that rely on electricity." Pin answered.

"Let's get going." Leafy got out from under the dead frog to see a girl with silver hair. It was Saw, Leafy remembered her from one of her visits to Pin's neighborhood.

...

"YOU CAN'T STOP ME, FIRE BOY!" Evil leafy shouted. Firey tried his best to focus on the stone, but the gray-haired boy (who took out Yellow Face) wasn't letting him concentrate. But when Blue Whirl rush past him to block one of the meteors and got hit in the leg, he couldn't focus on the cavern. He let his energy loose in an explosion, blastion Meteor backwards a few islands. But with all his concentration off Evil Leafy, she pushed some more of her energy onto the stones. 

And a small fragment of the Fire Stone fell off, in process of shattering. If Firey couldn't contain this threat, he might lose his soul.

...

Leafy felt a weird tingling energy in her mind. It was telling her to kill. She lunged forward with her Pin-Hair sword and sliced at Saw.

"Woah!" she cried out as Pin's hair came flying at him. it hit her arm, but since she was one of the Weaponry Stationaries (what a mouthful), she turned her body into metal.

"Leafy, what are you doing?" Pin asked in shock.

"K I L L I N G  T H I S  D O O D." she muttered. And, popping one of the vitamins into her mouth, she felt a rush of warmth go through her body. She gained the power of a fire elementalist. And with a blast of power, she melted Saw on the spot. 

But then something changed.

"What... just happened?" Leafy asked in horror, looking at the puddle of silver that was Saw's body.

"You... killed her." Pin told Leafy.

"But why don't I remember?"