Chapter Twenty-Two- Monsters: The First Contest

"YEAH!!!!!!!" everyone screamed in unison.

"Okay, then." Announcer grinned at them. "Today's contest is..." he snapped his fingers again, and a forest appeared on the plain. It looked very dense and the contestants could hear growling coming out of it.

"I'm scared!" one of the girls whispered to the other.

Announcer snapped his fingers again and the sky darkened as the moon shot up into the air, casting eerie glows on the contestant's faces.

"HOW DID YOU DO THAT?!" Blocky yelled.

Leafy clenched her fists unconsciously, every time she heard that jerk's voice, she just wanted to beat him into pulp.

"This isn't the real moon, it's just a replica." Announcer said, "Four created each of the four door so lead to another, well, planet, technically, so the door is like a portal. And we teachers can control the landscape and things happening just by thinking. And the other classes are actually also here, like, for example, Siren's class. They are currently in those mountains." Announcer pointed to the huge purple mountains in the distance.

"That's Basketball's class." Golf Ball said to Tennis Ball on Leafy's right.

"Anyway, back to the contest. In that forest, there are beasts roaming around. Whoever kills the most beasts win. You can team up, though keep in mind that the final result is individual. So if one person in your group does all the killing, your other teammates will get a disadvantage."

"AAAAAAAH I DON'T WANT TO GO, I'M SCARED!!!!!!" the same girl from earlier screamed. She radiated a cold aurora, but in a good way. 

She's probably a water elementalist, an ice one. Leafy thought.

"If you don't, you're missing a chance to keep going in the competition." Announcer said, "Okay, I'm going to teleport you in there!!!!"

"Firey! Pin! Hold on to me!" Leafy called, and they wrapped their hands around her arm.

"Three, two, one, GO!" Announcer shouted.

Suddenly, Leafy, Firey, and Pin where transported into the dark forest. Leafy shivered at the sound of a wolf howling and snarling sounds coming from every direction.

"You know, guys," Pin announced in a shaky voice, "I've never been more glad that Firey can glow."

She was right. Firey's hair caused the area they were standing in to become way brighter than the darkness around them. And the warmth helped sooth Leafy's fears, too. Firey gently let go of Leafy's arm and set himself entirely on fire. He went with a warm amber glow so that it wasn't too uncomfortably hot for Leafy and Pin.

EVERYONE GOOD? they heard Announcer's voice ringing out around them, OKAY, THEN. YOU GUYS CAN USE YOUR POWERS AND WEAPONS TO FIGHT THEM, I WON'T BE PROVIDING ANY WEAPONS. IF YOU ARE IN DANGER, JUST LIGHT YOUR EMERGENCY FLARE AND YOU WILL BE TELEPORTED OUT OF HERE. Three red candles floated into Firey, Leafy, and Pin's hands. THOUGH BE WARNED: ONCE RESCUED, YOU MAY NOT GO BACK INTO THE FOREST, SO THE NUMBER OF BEASTS YOU KILL ARE SET.

Immediately they saw a red flash.

Seriously, Woody? Already? You didn't kill a single one! they heard Announcer say.

I'm scared! Woody screamed.

"Oh, wow." Leafy said, "Though I understand why he did that. These woods are CREEPY."

"Yeah." Pin shivered. "Let's get started, then?"

"Alright." Firey lit his hand with brighter, yellow flames as he led them forward.