Chapter Thirty-Five- Capture the Flag: The Fourth Contest- Part One

"Woah, what's going on here?!" Announcer exclaimed, staring at the pile of people.

"They were trying to catch each other." said Flower. "It was lame."

"This is a good idea for a contest!" Announcer said.

"WHAT?!" Flower complained.

...

"Okay, people." Announcer said.

Leafy rubbed her eyes. She had a horrible sleep last night, and today she was feeling more tired than ever.

Pin turned to look at her. "Maybe you should tell them that you aren't feeling well." she worried.

"No, no, I'm fine." Leafy muttered. She turned to listen to Announcer.

"Today's contest is capture the flag." Announcer announced.

"WHAT?!" Match yelled.

"Aw, yeah!" Eraser cheered.

"I'll choose the teams." Announcer said. "Blue team: Match, Pencil, Bubble-"

"Aw, yeah, our alliance is together!" Pencil cheered, "This is gonna be great!"

"-Spongy, Rocky, Flower, Golf Ball, Firey, Coiny, and Woody."

"This is going to be horrible." Pencil said, her face darkening.

"Wow, the only good people in this team are me and Golf Ball." Firey muttered

"Red team: Snowball, Eraser, Leafy, Ice Cube, Pin, Needle, Blocky, Tennis Ball, Pen, and Teardrop."

"Not a bad team." Pin said.

Announcer waved to get everyone's attention and snapped his fingers once more. A maze the size of three soccer fields with walls fifty feet tall appeared. On each end, there was a base with a flag inside. One was blue and the other was red.

"Your goal is to take the other team's flag back to your base," Announcer said, "The maze is split down the middle. One half is red territory, one half is blue territory. If one from the opposite team are in you area, if you tag their name tag, which I'll hand out in a second, you can take them back to your prison. If you are in your opponent's territory, if you tag their name tag, they will have to sit down for five seconds then rejoin the game. If your flag touches the opponent's base, you lose. You are allowed to use your power. It's simple enough. Got it?" Announcer asked. 

Everyone nodded.

"The winning team will get 20 points each and the losing team will get five points each." Announcer said. 

Instantly, they teleported into their bases. On a table inside Leafy's base, there were ten red shirts with their names taped onto the back. Leafy picked hers up and put it on.

"Not a bad color." Pin said admiringly.

"Okay, strategy time, people." Snowball said.

They all stopped to listen.

"We should send five people out and-" Pin stopped as Blocky shook his head.

"I think we should all stay here." he said, "Because most likely they will send a few people to our base, and when they arrive, we can just take them out since it's ten against whatever number of people their sending."

"That's actually pretty smart." Leafy agreed.

"Sure, let's do that. All in favor?" Tennis Ball said.

"I!" everyone said.

"I'll be last defense when guarding the flag." Pin offered.

"I'll do it too." said Needle.

"I'll also help." said Tennis Ball.

"Okay, then." said Blocky, "The rest of use will stand near the entrances for an ambush."

Announcer's voice boomed over them as they shuffled into position.

"Let the game begin!"