Chapter Sixty-One Final Contest Day Two (Part Three)

"DONUT DROWNED IN A TIDAL WAVE. TWENTY FIRST KILL. PILLOW, BOTTLE, PIE, AND PAN DROWNED. TWENTY SECOND, THIRD, FOURTH, AND FIFTH KILL."

Firey heard Siren's voice ringing even through the layer of fabric and water.

"TACO WAS DROWNED BY TEARDROP! TWENTY SIXTH KILL!"

"Oh no." Firey said, "Teardrop is started to get into action! She has an advantage in the water!"

Pin shrugged. "Well, we should be fine."

"No, we aren't!" Blue Whirl's voice was shaking. Firey realized in surprise that this was the first time he had heard his cousin scared.

"LOLLIPOP WAS DISSOLVED BY TEARDROP! TWENTY SEVENTH KILL!"

"It's almost over." Leafy told them.

"Wait, what?" Pin asked.

"Siren mentioned that there's only ten more minutes until time's up."

"It's been hours already? It only felt like a few minutes!" Pin said.

"That's because you were asleep almost the entire time." Leafy replied.

"And cuddling with the turtle." Firey snickered.

Pin turned bright red.

Firey was about to tease her further when they saw the top of their tent cave in.

"It's that the girl you were talking about? Teardrop?" Blue Whirl asked in terror, "Maybe she's after us!"

"Let's try to reason with her." Leafy said, "She's pretty nice."

"Okay?" Blue Whirl shuddered.

So Leafy called up: "Is that you, TD?" 

No response.

"Knock on the tent once if that's you." Leafy said.

One knock.

"Do you want to join us? We can help you tomorrow with the meteors! We have a weather proof tent, and that includes falling objects."

And Teardrop came into the tent. She controlled the water so it didn't flow inside.

Blue Whirl cowered in the corner of the tent as Teardrop sat down near Leafy.

Firey himself was sort of scared, but not as much after his water immunity.

"H-hi." Blue Whirl said cautiously.

Teardrop waved at her.

"Can... she talk?" Blue Whirl whispered to Firey. He shook his head in response.

Teardrop brushed her partially transparent hair out of her eyes. Her hair was quite long and was flowing over one shoulder.

"Okay, pact?" Leafy asked cheerfully, sticking out her hand.

TD smiled and took it.

...

Siren teleported them to their dorms. Firey was feeling better today after Four's boost, and he didn't feel Evil Leafy stirring as much. He hoped that meant that she was under control.

Coiny also appeared on his bed, shaking his wet hair. He grabbed a bunch of clothes and headed to the shower. Firey watched the bathroom door slam and listened to Coiny turning the knobs to the shower. Soon, the sound of water hitting the bathtub rained around him.

He glanced at his phone and picked it up. Dialing his mom, Firey hoped that she was okay.

"FIREY!" His mom screamed.

"Mom, are you okay?" Firey asked in shock.

"I HEARD OF THE CONTEST! YOU WERE FORCED TO ENDURE A TSUNAMI?! I'M COMING OVER HERE TO PICK YOU UP RIGHT AWAY-"

"No, mom, it's fine!" Firey told her quickly, "I'm immune to water now."

"Wait, what?"

Firey explained about Match, Pencil, and the hose. His mom was silent for fifteen seconds before speaking.

"I'm going to murder those people." she growled.

"No, it's okay! They didn't hurt me." 

The dinner menu appeared in his hand.

"Mom, how's it going?" Firey asked while circling a few items from the menu with the pen that also appeared in front of him.

"It's alright over here. Nothing special happened."

"That's good. No sign of the Shadow?" 

"None. It's good."

"Okay, I'm going to get dinner, call you back?" 

"Okay, see you soon, Firey."

He was about to hang up when he remembered what Leafy had said.

"Wait, mom! Can you call Leafy's parents for me? Leafy couldn't seem to get in contact with them."

"Hmm, that's weird. Okay. Enjoy your dinner!" 

Firey ended the phone call as his dinner appeared in front of him.