Chapter Forty-One Announcer

Class was over. Golf Ball sat down on one of the chairs at their table. She was sitting in the garden with 8-Ball, Basketball, and Tennis Ball. In her plate was stacked with pizza and a bee was flying in circles around her head. It was scary.

She picked up a slice and ate it with her fingers Just then, her phone ran. She looked at a name of the caller. 

It was her mom.

Golf Ball chewed as quickly as she could while all her friends ran out of the blast radius of her mom's supersonic voice. She frantically tried to wipe her oily fingers clean. Then she pressed the answer button.

GOLF BALL! her mom boomed, ARE YOU CONSUMING PIZZA WITH YOUR HANDS?!

"N-no, I'm not!" Golf Ball answered, holding the phone as far as she could. Unfortunately, it was a FaceTime, so her mom required her to show her face in the video. So there was only a certain distance she could get from the nuclear bomb. 

OH YES YOU ARE! I CAN HEAR THE LIE IN YOUR VOICE! she boomed.

"Uh, well, you're wrong?" Golf Ball said.

IF YOU DEVOUR PIZZA WITH YOUR HANDS ONE MORE TIME, I'LL PUNISH YOUR SISTER.

Golf Ball nodded glumly. She was used to this by now.

AND I ALSO HEARD THAT YOU ARE NOT FIRST IN YOUR CLASS.

Golf Ball went cold. "W-what?"

I ASKED YOUR EDUCATOR. AND I AM SEVERELY ANGERED. NO MEALS FOR YOU.

"But I'm at school! You can't decide what I do!"

OH, I CAN. UP YOUR GRADES OR ELSE. And with that, her mother hung up.

Golf Ball sighed and stood up. Her friends got out of the bushes.

"You okay?" Tennis Ball asked.

"Yeah, I'm alright. I need to go ask Principal Four if we can use his WiFi for Boom." Golf Ball stammered. She headed over to the principal's office.

After a while of walking, she arrived at a solid gold door. She gulped and pushed the door open. 

Then she immediately wished she didn't.

Announcer was sitting on Four's desk, shirtless, was Four placed his hand on his back. A blue glow was coming from Announcer's back. Four looked up the second she opened the door, but Announcer didn't respond.

"HEY!" Four screeched.

Golf Ball backed towards the door. "S-sorry, I-"

Four's eyes flashed red. He literally picked Golf Ball up and flung her out the door.

"NEXT TIME, KNOCK!" he shouted and slammed the door closed.