Chapter Forty-Three- The Story of FireLeaf (Part One)

Firey couldn't sleep. The had an okay weekend, but now...

His rubbed his forehead. He was still worried about Leafy. And what was he to do about Leafy? Firey sat up. Coiny was still sleeping the the bed next to him. He got out of bed and put on his jacket and shoes. Then he snagged his phone from the bedside table and closed the door behind him. He got into the elevator and pressed the lobby button. 

The elevator doors opened and he stepped out, heading towards the garden. It was quite cold, but Firey felt warm with his flaming hair. He pulled out his phone (which of course had a fireproof case). It was time to call his mom and see if she knew anything about these mysterious crystals.

A few seconds after he pressed call it he realize that his mom probably didn't want to be woken up at three in the morning...

FIREY! his mom shouted, DON'T CALL ME IN MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT!!!!

"Sorry, mom. But it's about the Fire Stone and the Leaf Stone."

He heard his mom breathing heavily. How did you know about them? she whispered.

Firey started walking towards one of the tables. "There's this girl, she's called Evil Leafy."

Evil Leafy, huh? his mom muttered, We predicted that it wouldn't be a few generations until the stones were activated again...

"Huh?" Firey asked, "This happened before?"

Yeah, that was fifty years ago...

"Can you tell me what happened?" Firey asked, sitting up straight.

Might as well. I wanted to keep this fate away from you and Leafy... but I'm afraid this was destiny...

It all happened when your grandma was fifteen.

"My age?" Firey asked.

That's right. She was told, as all Fire Elementalists, to stay away from the Nature ones.

"That was a law?" Firey gasped.

Yeah. So she never knew anything about the Nature Elementalists lives, all she knew was that they were horrible beings.

"But they aren't!" Firey said, thinking of Leafy.

Exactly. One day, she met a boy in the woods. His name was Forest, and he was the first Nature Elementalist she ever saw in her life. She was afraid of him, and of the lies she had heard about his race's wretchedness.

She tried to run from him, but there was this bear attack and she was too unfocused to try to defend herself with her flames. And the boy saved her.

"How?"

He used the roots of the nearby trees to create a cage of plants to trap the bear. He didn't need to save her, and his clan was also told to stay away from hers. But yet he did.

"Why were we even told to stay apart in the first place?" Firey asked.

It all started with a cavern and four stones...