Chapter Fifty-One- Knowledge

"We're also having a change of rules." Four said, "We're going to have a free for all among all eighty of you. The people in the last twenty places will not be able to go on. One single contest to seal your fate for the next round."

"It'll be sort of like the Hunger Games." X piped up, "But will only last for eight hours each day over a course of five days. We'll explain the rules later."

"And," Four continued, "To the last five people who will be standing at the end, to the class that has the most students in the final five, will win the trip to Yoyleland."

"Huh," Firey said, "So the points are completely gone."

"I wasted all that effort for nothing!" Match complained.

Leafy was confused. "Why? What was all that effort that went into the previous six contests for? And how come they cut off the other fourteen contests?" she asked Firey and Pin.

Firey thought it seemed really odd. Maybe something made this- wait. How come the curriculum changed right after Flame was murdered? Did Four have something to do with the murder? He stared up at Four, and to his surprise, was staring back at him.

"No contests today, just meet up with us at 12:00 so we can give you the instructions for the coming up contests." Four ordered. Then he took X's hand and they left for their office.

"So... I guess we have a free day?" Pin asked, shrugging.

"Seems like it." Firey said. But he had something deeper in mind. He needed to talk to Four.

...

Twenty minutes later, after an excuse to shrug off Leafy and Pin, Firey was standing in front of Four's office. The door looked simple enough, just made of wood, but it radiated something menacing. It was possibly the only door that wasn't decorated with some sort of precious jewel. Even the doors to the bathrooms in Firey's dorm had glittering stones embedded around the frames.

He gave the door a knock.

Four opened the door. 

"Go away." he muttered, "I'm busy."

"Wait!" Firey jammed is foot in the crack of the door, keeping it from closing shut. "I want to talk to you about the changes in the schedule!"

Four glared at him. "I already said I'm busy. Go away." 

"Why?" Firey asked, "How come? Then what was the point behind the scoreboard if you just erased the whole thing?"

Four sighed in defeat. "Look, I have nothing to do with your grandmother's murder." he snapped.

Firey stepped back in shock. "How did you-"

"Try to hold the Shadow in, okay?" Four said, "You're possibly the only one who can defeat it.  It's too powerful for me to take on."

"Wait, you know about Evil Leafy?"

"Yes, I do. Perhaps you should come in. I have a lot of explaining to do."