Chapter Sixty-Nine- Happy Memories

Pin kept running. She didn't know what was wrong with Leafy, but she needed help. So she dashed as fast as she could towards the others and Announcer. Maybe they could help.

But then she heard Leafy screamed behind her, followed by a thud.

"Leafy?" Pin turned to see Leafy collapsed on the floor. She eyed her warily, worried for a friend. But then Leafy straightened so quickly she looked like she had been tasered. Her eyes started to glow red, and a maniac expression appeared on her face.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Pin screamed and ran faster. But it was too late. Leafy landed on top of her and started punching her all over.

"Finally, I'm free!" Leafy screamed, but her voice sounded different. More echoey and evil.

Pin fought back. She didn't want to fight Leafy, but she didn't see any other thing to do at the time.

"HELP!" she cried, just barely blocking Leafy's blows.

Announcer came running over, along with all the other students.

"What's going on here?" Needle asked in wonder.

"HELP!" Pin screamed.

Leafy was about to kill her-

Someone shoved Leafy off Pin, sending her tumbling. Pin looked up, dazed, and realized it was Coiny.

Leafy got up with a crazed laugh. Her bruises from Pin faded as if they didn't exist.

"I'm going to kill you all," she said, "And no one can stop me."

...

Firey had watched Shadow disappear from the cavern with his own eyes. He could stop her. He had failed. A single bead of lava rolled down his cheek as he thought of Leafy.

I can't give up now. There's got to be a way. Firey dragged himself towards his crystal, which was so broken it looked more like a pile of splinters than a crystal. Despite his exhaustion, he could still feel the power of the Fire Stone humming quietly. If only he could harness the power.

...

Coiny fell down, dead, his throat cut open. The other students ran, screaming. Shadow laughed in glee. What fun! It lunged at the girl, Pin, the annoying nuisance, and took her down with little resistance. It had been so long since she had felt this feeling, the feeling of being free, her full power unleashed! 

Shadow paused with sudden recognition. If Firey found the Shadow Orb, then it would be finished. Ah, whatever. Shadow thought, He's not smart enough to figure it out.

...

"How?" Firey whispered. He couldn't do anything to make the crystal work. he tried to channel is fury into the stone, hoping that it would respond to the danger he was in. Nothing happened.

Then he tried to channel in all his will to defeat Shadow. Still nothing.

Firey wanted to scream and punch the stones in danger, but he couldn't afford to waste time. He needed to find out how to defeat this monster. Something brushed against his sleeve. Firey glanced down, and it was a roll of paper.

What's this? he thought, unraveling it. Inside, there was only two words: Happy memories.

Happy memories? He had many memories of Leafy... wait. This was the key! But who would have put it here-

Four.

It was Four. Firey though back to when Four had disappeared. He dropped something. At first, Firey didn't think it was anything important, but now he knew better.