Chapter Twenty-Nine- Olive

Leafy rubbed her temples, frowning. Today's challenge was even harder and more brutal than last time's. Pin had died, twice, and she had almost died with nothing she could have done about it if Teardrop didn't save her.

And the robot- it was so hard to defeat. She had narrowly missed her skull getting bashed in, and if it wasn't for Tack's lessons, she might have died.

"Leafy, you're okay, right?" Firey said worriedly, his grilled cheese forgotten in his hand. 

"Yeah, I'm fine." Leafy sighed, plunking her head into her hands, "The next challenge better not be this tiring."

Pin placed down her veggie wrap. "Yeah!" she whined, "I wish I didn't get into this academy, it's so brutal!"

Leafy nodded glumly, her eyes fixed on the ice cubes in her lemonade as she swirled them around with her straw.

Firey, sighed and sipped his hot chocolate. Now that he was immune to water, he was trying to catch up on all the drinks he missed. The three friends were eating a late 1:00 lunch in the garden. After lunch, they would have free time, just like yesterday, to do whatever they wanted.

Just as Leafy was about to take a sip of her lemonade, someone shoved her back, causing her to spill the drink all over the place.

Sputtering, and Firey patting her on the back, she looked up at the person who had pushed her. 

"Oh no," she whispered, her eyes glittering with fury, "Not you."

"What was that for?" Firey shouted at the boy.

He wore a long sleeve shirt and brown pants. His black boots and glittering dark green eyes and smug expression made him look like a gangster. His red-green hair blew in the wind. Olive, Leafy's archenemy.   

"Olive!" Leafy shouted, "What the heck was that for?"

Olive smirked at her and pulled out a chair to sit next to her. "Hey, Lemon Leaf." 

"Leafy, who's this weirdo?" Pin shouted.

Olive ignored Pin and placed a hand on Leafy's shoulder. She slapped him in disgust.

"Get away from her!" Firey said angrily, "What's your problem?!"

Olive ignored him, too. "Remember when I would chase you with a knife?" he asked, smirking, "And you would beg me to stop-?" he fingered a knife as long as his upper arm.

 "When did that happen?" Firey's eyes were like flaming balls of fire, he clenched his fists in fury. "Leafy, let me punish him!"

Leafy shot him a reassuring look. She got this thing.

Leafy fake-cowered, shivering. "N-not t-that k-knife!" she whimpered, like she had years ago. 

Olive smirked. "Oh, Fire Boy, no need to stand up to this little coward!" he ran the knife along the edge of Leafy's arm, a millimeter away from her skin.

Leafy whimpered. "Get that... scary thing out o-of my s-sight!" she gasped, despite the fact that she slept with a knife in her hand.

Firey and PIn looked really mad. Only Leafy's order for them not to attack held them back. Leafy wanted to show this dude a lesson herself...

Olive laughed. "Lemon Leaf, tell your weak little friends to go away... I want to talk to you..."

Firey and Pin obediently got up and went around the corner, Firey shooting Leafy a worried glance.

"What?" Leafy asked Olive. "Why did you come here?"

"You're so cute, you know." Olive said.

"And you're so ugly." Leafy agreed.

Olive frowned. Obviously, his "clever" statement didn't work, but it took him twenty seconds to get that through his thick head.

"H-how dare you!" he sputtered. He pulled up the knife. 

Leafy fake-cowered again.

Olive grinned slyly. "Do you w-"

Leafy grabbed the knife out of Olive's hand and drove it against his neck.

Olive gasped in surprise, shocked.

"Don't. Move." Leafy hissed.

"W-wha? Lemon Leaf? How did you-"

Leafy looked bored. "Pish, I sleep with a knife clutched in my hand, what else? And this little thing?" Leafy tossed it into the trash can, fifty feet away. It landed with a thunk. "And, Olive?"

She tossed him up into the air and slammed her foot into his stomach. He flew backwards and crashed into the fountain.