Chapter Twenty-Five- Discovery

Leafy woke up. She yawned and stretched, then got out of bed. She glanced over at where Pin was, and noticed that she wasn't there. Then she turned towards the other bed in the room, where Firey lay peacefully. She stepped closer to him and peered over at his sleeping face.

Suddenly, he let out a blood curdling scream.

"FIREY!" Leafy cried, shaking him.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!" he screamed, thrashing.

"Firey!" Leafy said, starting to cry.

"Just kidding." 

Leafy opened her eyes. Firey was staring up at her, looking sheepish.

"FIREY!" Leafy scolded, "What did you do that for?! I was so worried!"

"Sorry." Firey said, looking embarrassed, "I was just so tempted to-"

"Just don't do it again." Leafy told him, "And we're even."

"Okay." he said.

Leafy realized that she was still in her pajamas. "I should change now. Oh, are you hungry? You missed lunch and dinner yesterday, and now it's already eight."

"Yeah, I'm starving. Meet you downstairs at the lobby?" Firey asked, sitting up.

"Sure." Leafy agreed.

"Oh yeah, sorry about taking up the space on your bed." Firey apologized.

"It's alright." Leafy gave him a hug. "See you downstairs!"

...

Firey closed the door behind him. He walked over to the elevator, and he pressed the button for the lobby. As the elevator descended, he thought about his encounter with the girl and the crystals. he remembered how tired he had been yesterday, how even talking wore him out so much. But today... something felt different...

The elevator stopped, and Firey got out. Pin was sitting on one of the armchairs near the elevator, and she was eating a croissant with a cup of hot chocolate.

"Hey, Pin!" Firey called out.

"Firey!" Pin came over and patted him on the back. "You good?" she asked through a mouthful of food.

"Yeah, I'm okay now." Firey told her. "I'm going to go get some food now."

"Sure." Pin nodded her assent. 

Firey wandered over towards the cafe, his mind in a daze. He pushed passed a bunch of other people as he tried to figure out why he felt so... strange. Was it something to do with his power?

As Firey entered the cafe, he noticed Blocky and his friends hanging out near the buffet table. Firey gulped and backed away, but they noticed him. Blocky got up. 

"HEY!" he called out as Firey turned and fast-walked out of the cafe.

"Wait! Come back!" Firey realized in horror that Blocky was running after him, and he sprinted even faster. 

"Come back!!!!" Blocky cried, "I have something to tell you!"

Firey didn't pay attention to what Blocky shouted after that. All he wanted to do was to get away. The memory of the water coming into contact with his skin made him him imagine the pain he had been through. And it was all Blocky's fault.