Chapter Forty-Four- The Story Of FireLeaf (Part Two)

The four stones were the stones of fire, water, nature, and earth. They were located in a cavern within the center of the world. Each stone gave the group of people ultimate power for one that is chosen. But then, something happened to one of each of our ancestors. Then there was an earthquake... and two stones were lost, water and earth stones. 

"Is earth the rock related people? Like Rocky?" Firey asked.

Yeah. his mom said. Anyway, only two stones remained. our and Leafy's ancestors blamed each other. We were told to stay away from each other.

"That's dumb." Firey said.

Yeah. Your grandmother, Flame, and Forest became best friends. And when they spent time together, the stones reacted, starting to pour their power into their souls. This was the first time in ten thousand years that two people from the clans became friends. The stones literally became their souls.

But there was an evil power behind the lines. And it was surrounding the Fire Stone, ready to possess the one deemed special. But that meant that if  Flame was possessed, her soul would be taken over.

Flame didn't know about this. She and Forest snuck to see each other everyday. But then Flame started feeling... dark.

Forest noticed that see got colder and smiled less. And he felt a tinge is his find.

He had visions about a shadow of Flame, but bloodred. 

"Evil Leafy?" Firey asked.

Well, her, or should I say it's, name is Shadow.

He knew he needed to do something. So he led Flame to the cavern.

"In person? I've only seen it in my head!" Firey gasped.

You've already seen the cavern?! his mom gasped.

"Yeah... and I talked to Shadow.

You... talked... his mom sputtered, Uh, in the cavern, something happened, no one knows but Flame, and she won't talk about it. All we know is that something happened to Forest in there that Flame never wanted to mention again- something horrible.

 All we know is that something happened to Forest in there that Flame never wanted to mention again- something horrible

Firey gulped.

His mom sighed. And one more thing. Flame's hair used to be like yours. Barely flaming, not real fire. But after that, something happened. Her hair became that fire. Forest never mentioned it either.

"So... that's going to happen to my hair, too?" Firey asked.

Probably. 

Firey's mom explained about the history and how Flame went up to the Head Fire Elementalist, and the two clans tried to make up with each other.

The sun was rising. Firey pressed end call as he said goodbye to his mom. Then he concentrated on thinking about his Fire Stone. His vision tunneled into the cavern. He saw Evil Leafy trying to take over Leafy's Stone again.

"Get away, Shadow!" Firey shouted.

Shadow straightened with a jolt. Firey realized in horror that Leafy's stone was now over half way. He had to do something.

Firey concentrated with all his soul. A bead of lava trickled down his forehead. His stone started glowing. STOP SHADOW FROM POSSESSING LEAFY! he screamed in his head.

"What are you doing?!" Evil Leafy screamed.

Firey ignored her. His glowing jet of light surrounded Leafy's stone. With a jolt, suddenly his mind disconnected. 

Firey doubled over in pain. He felt like his soul was different somehow...

He gripped the edge of the fountain, trying to steady himself. After a while, his mind felt a little clearer. He started leaning away from the fountain when a realization hit him. He leaned forward so quickly that he almost fell in. 

Because his reflection was different.

His hair was like actual fire, just like his mom had said happened to Flame

He was already changing. The stone was now his soul.

P.S: Sorry this chapter might be bad, it's hard to write and watch the Lego Movie at the same time. XD