Chapter Thirty-One- Pie Eating Contest Part One: The Third Contest

As Pin fussed over Leafy, Firey closed his eyes and concentrated. Instantly, he felt a pull on his gut as an image of his crystal flashed into his mind. Then he appeared, once again, inside the cavern. The girl was sitting on a rock near, the crystals, muttering under her breath and staring intensely at Leafy's green crystal, which was now almost halfway red.

Firey stretched out his hand towards his Fire Stone and then brought it into a fist. The crystal exploded into flames in front of the girl.

She gasped in shock.

"What are you doing?!" Firey yelled.

"You idiot!" she snapped, "You broke my concentration and ajksssjksjksajkj." 

Firey stared her down. "Leafy is now unconscious because of you, stop messing with her Leaf Stone!"

The girl shrugged. "Well, it's partially mine, too."

"But you're hurting her!"

"Whatever." she growled, "You're not stopping me, Fire Boy."

"The name's Firey," Firey said.

"Fine, Firey. I leave your precious Leafy alone for now."

"Thanks!" Firey said, "But why are you messing with Leafy? What's your point? What's your name?"

"I will only give you one answer." she said, "The name's Evil Leafy."

Firey rolled his eyes. "How ironic."

"Couldn't be more." she agreed.

And with that, Firey brought his mind back to reality. Leafy was stirring.

"Yes!" Pin said. "You're awake!"

"Uh... what happened?" asked Leafy.

Firey helped her up. "Nothing. You're okay now."

But Leafy couldn't help seeing the clenched fist at his side.

...

"Contest time!" Announcer said.

Pin was worried about Leafy and suggested that she skip today's contest, but Leafy declined, declaring that she was alright.

But Firey wasn't so sure.

Evil Leafy's motives seemed pretty obvious. She was trying to take over Leafy, maybe? Like all the books Firey read about someone with an evil self, including one called Demon by someone named APEX101OC.

But... it would be a good ending. Firey knew that. Most stories were. But this wasn't a story... this was reality...

"The contest is a pie eating contest!" Announcer declared.

"Wow." Pin said, "To ad it isn't a cake baking contest."

Leafy shoved her playfully. "Because then you'll win!"

"Ha! I got this!" Eraser said confidently.

"Same, bro." Blocky agreed.

"Okay, now." Announcer said, "Sit at your seats."

Everyone sat.

"Now choose what type of pie you want."

Firey picked a jalapeno pie.

"What the heck, dude!" Blocky said, staring at the bright red pie in front of Firey. He had picked a cherry one.

"And now... get ready..." Announcer said, "No using your hands, now... no special abilities either... (Aw man! thought Firey. He was planning to burn down the pies.) GO!"