Chapter Twenty-Seven- Obstacle Course Part One: The Second Contest

"Okay, everyone!" Announcer announced, "Ready for today's challenge?"

"Yeah!" Blocky yelled. Pin liked Blocky more now, he apologized to Firey this morning. 

"No!" Ice Cube cried, "I don't want to shatter again!"

"Oh, no! I'll pop again!" Bubble screamed.

"Okay, anyway, it's time to begin." 

Announcer was strange. His voice was flat and emotionless, and Pin wondered what he looked like under his glasses. She couldn't tell if his smile was sincere or just face. Pin wanted more than anything to see what he looked like and who he was, but she was too scared to try to rip off his mask.

"Today's contest is a obstacle course."  Announcer flicked his hand up, and twenty almost identical obstacle courses appeared next to each other. Each one was labeled with one of the contestant's names.

Pin approached hers. She had to jump from wobbling discs around the size of a shield across a sea of acid, dodge fireballs, make it past a maze of lasers, then fight a robot at the end. She glanced at Firey's. Instead of fireballs, there were blasts of water.

"Go line up at your obstacle course." Announcer ordered.

"Okay, Announcery!" Pen said, and he lined up at his spot. The rest followed.

"Three, two, one... begin!" Announcer called out.

PIn jumped to the first disc. It wobbled like crazy, and she fought back a scream. The acid bubbled under her menacingly. 

Firey was leaping across easily, using fire to blast him forward whenever he slipped. Snowball jumped over two discs at once. Leafy was using the wind to her advantage. Since she is a nature element, and the wind was blowing in the right direction, she breezed over the discs.

"Lucky." Pin said wistfully.

Golf Ball didn't get to the first one yet. She stared at the acid.

The first shock came when Flower slipped on one of the discs and fell, screaming, into the acid.

"AAAAAHHHH!!!!!" Woody screamed.

Announcer pointed to a rectangular box labeled "Flower Recovery Center". "The FRC will respawn her soon," he promised, "No need to worry. Go on." he said mildly.

Pin gulped and jumped towards the next disc. It wobbled, and her heart caught in her throat. Thankfully, it slowly stopped wobbling, and Pin breathed a sigh of relief. She jumped past the next three with ease, but on the sixth on, disaster struck. Her foot slid backwards off the edge of the slippery disc, and the last thing Pin saw was the red disc wobbling like crazy as she, screaming, plunged into the acid.