Chapter Sixty-Five- Location

Firey opened his eyes and looked at the alarm clock. It was 11:23 A.M.

"Oh no, the contest!" he gasped, jumping out of bed, but then he realized that he wasn't in the contest anymore.

Coiny was already long gone, and Leafy, Pin, and Teardrop were already in the arena.

He realized he had a whole day to do whatever he wanted. So he got dressed and headed downstairs. After grabbing a sandwich and a drink, he went out into the gardens to walk around. The other contestants who also got out were walking around, too, enjoying their time.

Firey glanced around to see if Blue Whirl was there, but she wasn't in his sight. So he pulled out his phone to call her.

"Hey, Blue, where are you?"

I'm near the dragon statue.

"There's a dragon statue?" Firey asked in confusion. This campus was sure big.

Yes, it's on the map.

Firey met up with her and they had lunch together. Then they went to the arcade and played the entire afternoon.

"I wonder how the others are doing." Blue Whirl wondered as they were heading to lunch.

"I hope none of them died." Firey then realized that there was a big TV in the lobby, and it was projecting what was happening in the arena.

"I don't see them." Blue Whirl said, squinting.

"Wait- look!" Firey said, pointing to a small person dashing between the trees. "That's Teardrop, but she's all alone! I think someone's chasing her!"

"Who is it?" Blue Whirl asked.

"It's... uh..."

"Leafy." Blue Whirl said suddenly.

"Huh? Where?" Firey asked.

"No, Leafy's the one chasing her." Sure enough, a little Leafy was chasing Teardrop with a knife- her Pin-Hair Sword.

"What is she-" Firey started, but then the screen went blank. It was 6:00 sharp, which meant that the remaining contestants were teleported back to their dorms.

"I need to call Leafy." Firey fumbled with his phone.

"Sure, I'll grab us dinner." Blue Whirl headed off, leaving Firey to shakily punch the numbers and call her.

Hey, Firey!

"Why were you chasing Teardrop?" Firey asked her.

Not even a hello? Sheesh, some boyfriend you are. Leafy said sourly.

Firey clenched his fist. He needed to remember that this was probably Shadow's doing, but it still stung.

"Just answer me." he ordered.

I WASN'T CHASING HER, OKAY? Leafy shouted, DON'T CALL ME EVER AGAIN!

And she ended the call.

"Wuh-" Firey started. He felt anger rising in him, but he tried to squash it down. Concentrating hard, his brain teleported him to the cavern.

"EVIL LEAFY!" Firey screamed.

"What?" Evil Leafy asked slyly, "Losing control?" She smugly pointed at Leafy's stone, which was almost fully red.

"STOP CONTROLLING HER!" Firey formed a ball of fire in his hands, ready to throw it at her, but-

"Having a bit of trouble?" Evil Leafy sneered as Firey fell to his knees, gasping. His flames flickered weakly, and his stone shook, splintering further. "I'm afraid that you're in trouble, my friend. Actually, no. I'm not afraid, it don't know why English is like that. Huh, weird. And also, your not my friend, you're my enemy."

Firey gritted his teeth. What could he do? He was so weak that he probably wouldn't make much difference, he should just give up and let go...

Wait, no. What was he thinking? This was The Shadow's manipulation, trying to get him to give up. No, he wouldn't fall for it.

So, with the last of his power, he wrenched free from the cavern.

His phone was ringing violently in his hand.

He picked it up. "What is it?"

"Firey, I stumbled on this scroll in the attic! It talks about the cavern! I know where it is!"

"Where?" Firey asked. This was the missing piece, if he could meet Evil Leafy in person, he could actually do some damage.

"Yoyleland."