Chapter 26

Author's pov :

Today is the day, the dance festival is been held.

Purvi and Mahira are so nervous and excited.

Ithika is back from her home town. Purvi and Mahira's family members are also coming today to see their performances.

From Purvi's family her parents, her bua ( her dad's sister ) family. Her bua's son Vamsi is the one who supported Purvi in her decision about dance academy.

In Purvi's childhood itself, both families decided to marry each other in future. Two families live in different places, so Purvi and Vamsi are not very close.

In childhood seeing Purvi interest in dance, her family send her to a dance teacher to learn dance. Whenever our little Purvi danced in front of them during festivals or school functions, she looked like a doll dancing in front of them to their eyes. All the neighbours used to praise Purvi for her talent in dance. With her age, Purvi's interest in dance also increased gradually.

Both the families never expected she will choice dance as her career. They just thought dance is her hobby and interest. They have not noticed her small interest from childhood will become a big passion along with her age.

During the fourth year of b.tech Purvi expressed her future plan of starting a dance academy along with her friend Mahira to both families.

Flashback :

" Purvi... We all know you like dance very much but choosing it as a career is not right dear. Try to understand. " Her mother said calmly.

"Yes. Your mom is right Purvi. Handling an academy is not an easy task. Moreover, No one from our family has experience in the field you are choosing. Nowadays society is not so good dear. Try to understand us. We all trust you and your friend but what about other people who work with you two in the academy, we can't just leave two of you like that with unknown people. " Her father said.

" Ma. Pa.  I too thought about all the pro's and con's but without trying we can't accept defeat right. Let me do it. Please." She asked.

"Purvi. All days will not be our favour dear. You have to travel to different places with your students for participating in different competitions, it is not safe dear. We always may not able to come with you in the future. Right." This time her bua spoke.

Purvi is on edge of tears listening to all these talks. For outsiders Purvi can answer very well if she doesn't like something, she is a brave girl from childhood. But in front of the family she gets emotional easily, she can't bear her families unhappiness. She can do anything for them but this time it seems so difficult, as it is the dream she had from her childhood.

" Mama ( mother's brother ) can I speak something about Purvi's decision? " Vamsi asked Purvi's father permission.

"Yes. Vamsi. You can. You don't need to ask." Purvi's dad replied.

"From childhood itself, Purvi liked dance very much, we all know that. In fact, you all encouraged her in all types of dances. Every time she dances, she looked so happy. Until the music stops, she is so much involved in her dance, she doesn't care about her surroundings. Her expressions, her moves all are so good. It feels like she is a born dancer. She participated in many programs and got a good name. In future, she wants to teach her talent to other students. Dance is an art right, no one can steal it from anyone. One can only learn it from some like our Purvi. In all the performances of her students, we can see Purvi. Every field has it's own difficulties. There is no easy work. We all know that. Coming to the people she works in the academy, can we guaranty that the software office she works in future has all good people. No right. Everywhere there are good and bad. I think our Purvi can deal very well with bad people. I trust her. Coming to travelling, she will learn to travel carefully to different places with her students. If she needs help, I will be there for her. I trust our Purvi can handle the academy very well. Let her try." He concluded.

All are silent. Seeing this he spoke again

"You all say she is my future wife right. I want my wife, to do whatever she likes to do. I want to support her in every step. When I first saw Purvi dancing so happy in childhood, I promised myself I will keep that smile and happiness  forever." He said.

His father came forward and patted his back.

"I'm very proud of you son. You are right. I have seen both of your future together. You are right son. I agree with Purvi and Vamsi. " He said side hugging them.

All the family agreed to Vamsi. They apologised to Purvi and encouraged her decision.

Purvi is so happy. She never thought her bua's son understood her so well till today. She agreed to marry him, as it is her parent's decision. She thought he would also have done the same. But listening to his talks she came to know how he understood her so well. She can never thank him enough for today.

Later in the evening, she saw Vamsi sitting on the terrace doing some work on his laptop.

She went towards him.

"Thank you so much ." She said.

He looked up listening to her voice and kept his laptop aside.

"For what? " He asked innocently.

"For understanding and trusting me. If you are not there, I don't know what would I do. Thank you. " She said.

"Don't need to thank me Purvi. It's my responsibility. Whenever our families say we are future husband and wife, I felt so happy. I felt you as my responsibility. I know we are not very close. But I accepted our marriage decision wholeheartedly. I love you for what you are. I like your happiness. I promise to cherish you forever. " He confessed.

Purvi is in shock. She doesn't know, how to react she never expected a love confession from him this suddenly.

"Don't worry. You don't need to answer me right now. Take your time. I will wait. Say yes, only if you like me. Don't just accept me considering our families. Accept me if you truly like me, only if you feel you can leave with me throughout your life. If you don't like me, you can say it. I will manage our families. Ok." He said.

"Oyee. Smile. Don't be so serious. We have time to think about our marriage. First, start planning your academy. " He said making her smile.

From that day, they started becoming close.

He helped her whenever she need help during a bank loan or any other work.

She too started understanding him. The more she understood him, the more she started liking him.

One day she confessed her love to him, that day he is the happiest person in the universe.

They decided to marry later after she settled well with the academy.

Vamsi is a C.A (chartered accountant). He is busy most of the time, but he would make time for Purvi in his busy schedule every day. Purvi understands his work, and never complains about the time.

Flashback ends

************************************

Hope you all are doing well.

What do you think about the chap?

How is the flashback part?

Bye. See you all in the next chap. Take care.