Chapter 36

Mehendi ceremony :

Purvi's pov:

Tomorrow is the day marriage is being held.

Today is the Mehendi ceremony.

As it is a beautiful sunny day, we planned to hold the ceremony outdoor.

Kavitha and Abhi Ji also arrived for the ceremony.

The decorations are completed. All the woman relatives arrived. The professional Mehendi artists have also arrived. Henna should be brought from the groom's house to start the ceremony.

After sometime Aaru, Mahira came along with some other ladies carrying  Mehendi and some other gifts like fruits, dry fruits and sweets from the groom side.

The ceremony started.

As a tradition first someone from the groom's side should apply henna on the bride's hand, so Aaru has drawn a small flower on Ithika's hand and then the Mehendi artists continued the further design.

Some elderly ladies started singing traditional Mehendi song with dholaks and other musical instruments. Some of us started dancing to the tunes.

Some other ladies are getting Mehendi applied to their hands.

"They say the darker the colour of Mehendi, the more love the bride will receive at her in-laws and especially from her husband. " One of Ithika's cousin said teasing her.

We all youngsters started teasing Ithika with Rahul bhaiya's name.

"Yes. The longevity of the colour of Mehendi also shows the love of in-laws towards the bride. " One of the aunties said.

"Oo oo. "We all cheered listening to her words.

"It's true. In older days when arranged marriages were predominant, the bride retaining her Mehendi while visiting her parent's house after the wedding signalled her mother that the in-laws were considerate and caring. "

"It means if her hands have a brighter colour Mehendi for a long time that shows, in her in-law's house she is being treated with love and care. They are not making her do heavy works or not making her work for a long time. So her hands still have a brighter colour of henna." Ithika's grandma explained.

              Ithika's Mehendi design

The ceremony went well with elders advice, youngsters dances, applying Mehendi and all

As we all girls had Mehendi applied to our hands we can't eat lunch, so males took the job of feeding the females.

Some husbands feeding their wives, some fathers feeding their daughters, some brothers feeding their sisters and some children feeding their mumma's with their cute little hands.

Ithika's father is feeding Ithika and her mother.

Ithika's grandpa started to feed me and Ithika's grandma together, even though I denied saying I will eat later, he strictly said I'm also like her granddaughter. He also asked Amu, Aaru and Mahira to come, so that he can feed all at a time, but Abhi Ji said he will feed all four of us along with Kavitha, but not to make grandpa sad, I insisted to be feed with grandpa.

Arjun Ji and Daksh Ji offered that they will feed  Aaru, Mahira and Amu and asked Abhi Ji to make Kavitha eat. They said feeding four at a time will be difficult.

But Ritu argued he will feed his mom and Aaru, so he is feeding Kavitha and Aaru. Abhi Ji is feeding Amu and Mahira.

Arjun Ji tried explaining to Ritu that he will feed them, as he is still a kid but Ritu been Ritu didn't agree with Arjun and continued feeding them with his little hands.

Suddenly Yash Ji came and dragged both Arjun Ji and Daksh Ji saying they can feed him if they so wanted to feed someone.

We all laughed listening to his words.

We all completed our lunch with all these funny talks and jokes.

The function went well.

Tomorrow morning there will a Haldi ceremony and later at night, the wedding will take place.

************************************

Hope you all are doing well.

What do you think about the chap?

How many of you like Mehendi?

Bye. See you all in the next chap. Take care.