Chapter 32

Aaradhya's pov :

Today is Raksha Bandhan. I'm so happy today. In childhood, I used to have a wish of having my own brother, so that I can tie rakhi to his hand. My wish is fulfilled with the entry of Rahul bhaiya into our life, from the past three years I, Amu, Mahira and Purvi are celebrating Raksha Bandhan with Rahul bhaiya.

I still remembered our first time tieing rakhi to Rahul bhaiya.

Today morning we all cleaned and decorated our house with flowers.

We got ready and arranged everything for pooja (worshipping ).

By that time Rahul bhaiya arrived along with his parents.

We first performed a small pooja for god to protect our brother and our bonding.

Later one by one we performed the ritual. First, we lighted a diya (earthen lamp) on a plate and gave aarti to bhaiya, prayed for his well-being and applied a tilak(red colour holy powder) on his forehead. Next, we made him eat laddu and finally tied rakhi around his wrist.

Later Rahul bhaiya distributed gifts to us, he promised us that he will always protect us as a brother.
.
.
.

We all seated to have breakfast.

We had our breakfast with a little chit-chat. Rahul bhaiya left to hospital. Uncle also left with bhaiya due to his office work. Today I'm having a holiday on the occasion of Raksha Bandhan, so we thought to play some games in the garden.

Me, Ithika, aunty are one team. Amu, Mahira and Purvi another team. We started playing.

Another side:

Arjun's pov :

Today is Raksha Bandhan. Yash and Daksh reached our house early in the morning.

Kavitha di performed the pooja and started the ritual.

She gave us aarti, applied tilak on our forehead, made us eat sweet and tied rakhi around our wrist.

We three gave gifts to di and promised to protect her throughout our life.

"Ma. Why I don't have a sister?" Ritu asked suddenly with a sad face.

"Umm... Why are you asking for a sister suddenly Ritu?" Di asked taking him in her lap.

"Because I too want a sister to tie rakhi to my hand and I will gift her a beautiful doll and will always protect her." He answered innocently.

"Oh, my sweet boy. Come here. Come to grandma. " Ma took him in her arms.

"See Kavitha and Abhi. Ritu is such a good boy. You both should definitely grant his wish. Ok." Ma said to di and jiju.

"Sure Ma. Ritu wish is my command." Abhi Jiju answered winking at di.

Di hit his arm playfully and looked down blushing.

"See champ. Your dad said, he will grant your wish." Ma said teasing di more.

"Hurray. Dad is the best." He shouted and started running towards jiju and hugged him.

"Ok. Come let's eat breakfast. " Di said and diverted the topic.

We all had our breakfast with little talks.

Today Di strictly warned us that no one should go to the office. So we all started to watch a movie of di selection.
.
.
.
.
.

Afternoon :

We all started to go down to have lunch. Di went down long back saying, she will check the lunch preparations.

As we stepped down, we saw Aaru arranging an aarti plate.

What! What is she doing here? Why is she arranging an aarti plate with rakhi and all?

Oh my god! I'm not at all going there. I thought and started stepping back towards the stairs.

"Arjun. Where are you going? Come here. Aaru is waiting for you all." Di said.

Nooo. I don't want to meet her now. Not with that rakhi in her hand.

"Abhi Bhai. Can I do the ritual?" Aaru asked standing in front of Abhi jiju.

He nodded his head happily. Jiju lost his parents in his childhood, he doesn't have any siblings. He always used to say that God should at least gave him a sibling so that he will always protect and cherish him or her.

Aaru made di and jiju stand beside each other and started the ritual.

She tied one rakhi to jiju and next she tied another rakhi to di.

"Aaradhya. Why are you tieing a rakhi to di?" Yash asked.

"This is a bhabi rakhi. As my brother's happiness and family are in my bhabi's hands after his marriage, so I'm tieing a rakhi to her wrist asking her to always keep my brother happy. This is a ritual if our brother is married." She explained.

Oh. Thank god! I got scared of seeing two rakhis.

"Aaru called me yesterday and said she wants to tie rakhi to Abhi. Morning she is performing the ritual with Rahul, so she came in the afternoon. " Di explained.

Abhi jiju got a little emotional. He promised Aaru that he will always treat her as his little sister and protect her throughout his life.

Di passed the gifts she brought for Aaru.

Both Di and jiju together gifted Aaru.

I thought they can gift me as her husband instead of those gifts na. I will always protect and cherish her.

I'm so proud of you Aaru. You made Abhi jiju so happy today.

We all seated to have lunch.

The day went so well, with all the happy faces, games and teasings.

************************************

Hope you all are doing well.

Happy Raksha Bandhan.

What do you think about the chap?

How many of you have brothers?

Bye. See you all in the next chap. Take care.