Episode 13 - The Rishta Is Fixed

Next Morning

Mathur House

It is 7 a.m. in the morning. Kartik wakes up and walks outside to look at the view. Fog is everywhere...not that dense, u can recognise things. He stands near the railing and stretches his arms. He does some morning exercise for five minutes. The fog becomes less dense and he sees Naira near the tulsi plant.

She looked so fresh. She had already taken a bath because her hair was wet. She was wearing a simple, green anarkali and silver jhumkas. She had slid her hair to one side and the dori of her anarkali was visible. It was open. Maybe she had forgotten to tie it. Kartik didn't want her to get embarrassed so he walks towards her and stands beside her.

Kartik: Naira...

Naira turns towards him and smiles brightly. She looked simply beautiful. That smile was killer....and the most important accessory was the small green colour bindi that adorned her forehead. She looked so....so breathtaking. Kartik had never imagined a girl could look this beautiful in an Indian attire.

Naira: Good Morning ji....

Kartik(nervously): Good morning...

Naira turns away and continues plucking the tulsi leaves. Kartik looks at her bare back. The dori was still open and Kartik couldn't think of a way to tell Naira about it. What if she takes the wrong meaning?

Naira: Kal neend kaisi aayi aapko?

Kartik: Haan? Kya?? Oh....haan haan acchi thi

Naira smiles and continues plucking the tulsi leaves.

Kartik: Tum yeh kya kar rahi ho?

Naira: Woh ji...aapko zukhaam tha na..toh isliye chachiji ne kaha hai aapko tulsi aur shehed khilane keliye...isliye yeh tod rahi hu...lijiye ek khaiye!

Naira forwards 2 -3 tusli leaves to him and he takes it.

Kartik: Thank you....

Naira smiles and starts to walk away with a few tulsi leaves that can be used for making the kaadha. Kartik stops her.

Kartik: Naira ruko...

Naira turns back and looks at him.

Naira: Ji??

Kartik(nervously): Woh- Woh tumhari dori....tumhari dori khuli hui hai

Naira looks at him shocked. She moves her hand back to realise the dori was actually open and she had forgotten to tie it. She was so embarrassed. Kartik was looking down at the ground, scratching his head, chewing the tulsi leaves and avoiding her.

Naira: Oh...sorry ji....thank you bhi

Kartik smiles a little and nods. He walks away from there. Naira moves her hand back and tries to tie the dori but couldn't. One strand or the other was falling down everytime. She was frustrated, and embarrassed too. Kartik shouldn't have seen it. What he might be thinking right now? That she can't even dress properly?!

But she thought good about Kartik....he could've taken advantage if he wanted to, but he thought it better to inform her first. That shows how much he respects her. He's so good-hearted.

She continues to tie the dori but fails miserably. Just then, she feels someone's touch. She was startled. She thought it might be Kartik. That touch gave her chills....sparks ran down her spine. He tightened the dori and Naira flinched. He touches her soft skin, drawing some figures on it....tracing his finger on her back. Just then, Naira realises it cannot be Kartik. He can never do this...at this point of time.