Episode 84: Kartik Meets Shayari

Hey guys, here's the new part. Please vote and comment.

Kartik walked into a bar cluelessly. He had no idea what he was doing, his mind was blank, he was too messed up with everything to realize anything. Today had been bad for him - he lost his first deal, degraded himself in Manish's eyes, got terminated from his post, the clash he had with Naira, his eyes couldn't forget Naira's crying face. Indeed he has no control over his temper, it just gets so out of control that he could bash anyone badly. He was guilty for screaming at Naira like that. Though she didn't do it intentionally, but still he was upset with her somewhere that because of her he had lost his first deal.

 The thing that was disturbing him most was that he was ignoring Naira like she's no one, though she apologized so many times, he knew even she might be feeling terribly vulnerable right now but first, he has to calm himself down. And not forgetting about the Kunal thing......it was driving him crazy since two weeks, that guy had made his life hell, he had made him doubt Naira's faithfulness even when he was trying to solve the puzzle and convince himself in Naira's favor. 

Today he badly needed a drink to get over everything. He had been trying to avoid it since many days, but today his tolerance level was tested and only a drink could calm him down, make him cut off from reality for few hours. Yes, he had promised Naira that he won't drink but she shouldn't have a problem with him drinking occasionally. Plus, there's nothing between them now so why should he be concerned about how will Naira feel when legit no one cares about what he feels.

He entered inside the bar to see everyone drunk, playing cards, chilling with friends and some sitting alone at their tables with a glass minding their own businesses. Yes, he belonged to this category now because his life was no more cheerful. He sighed and walked towards an empty table and sat on the sofa. There was an AC vent above it giving out cool air so he decided to relax there a bit. He rubbed his forehead in stress and buried his head in his hands, sighing deeply and closing his eyes. A slow, melancholic music was playing in the bar and there was sound of moderately audible chatters of the customers but Kartik remained in his zone only, closing his eyes and not giving a damn to the world. He so wanted to be alone with himself only, among all these daily hustle he had lost himself somewhere.

He was sitting there alone with his head buried in his hands that the waiter walked upto him and stood beside him.

Waiter: What would you like to have sir?

Kartik raised his head sharply at his voice and looked at the waiter who was standing there smiling cheerfully at him." Okay, at least someone is smiling", he thought.

Kartik: Just bring me a breute beer bottle and a glass of foam beer please...

Waiter: Sure sir, anything to go with it?

Kartik(sighing): No...

The waiter nodded and walked away to grab Kartik's order from the counter. While Kartik just sat there staring at the walls. Just then, he realized something.

Kartik: Ghar phone kar deta hu ki late hoga aane mein...warna bekaar ke calls aate rhege!

He started searching his jean pockets for his phone but couldn't find it anywhere. He realised he had forgotten his phone in car only.

Kartik: Shit yaar....car mein hi bhool gaya phone ko!(holds his head in disbelief)

Just then, the waiter comes and serves his drinks on the table.

Kartik(sighing): Thanks...

The waiter smiles and walks away and Kartik picks up his glass of foam beer and starts taking small sips of the drink, observing the surroundings and people carefully, glancing at nothing in particular with a lot of thoughts going inside his mind and sipping his drink quietly. A sharp pain bolted in his head and a small pit formed in his stomach as he took the first sip since he was drinking after so many days. His eyes started feeling heavy but the drink was doing its magic making him feel lighter so he continued drinking and wondering at the same time that how drastically his life had changed within a year.